🤳AAWireless & Motorola MA1 (Wireless Android Auto Adapter Talk) 🤳

gerrya

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
Mine is showing March 2-3. I just got my AA Wireless the other day and so far the option to have it disconnect when it no longer sees the Jeep's Bluetooth has worked. Wondering if the Motorola one will do this as well.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Mine is showing March 2-3. I just got my AA Wireless the other day and so far the option to have it disconnect when it no longer sees the Jeep's Bluetooth has worked. Wondering if the Motorola one will do this as well.
@gerrya

Hopefully, since you will have both, you can report back here and tell us the differences you see between the two.

gerrya

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
@gerrya

Hopefully, since you will have both, you can report back here and tell us the differences you see between the two.
Yep, will do. Wish there was a way in the Jeep settings to have the USB's power off when the ignition is off instead of the 1 hour.

Reactions: GtX
OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, will do. Wish there was a way in the Jeep settings to have the USB's power off when the ignition is off instead of the 1 hour.
@gerrya

USB staying powered on for a few minutes after ignition off, is not a concern of mine...

In regard to such devices that plug into the JL ... (OBDll, USB...) my concern is whether they will deal with UConnect properly.. IF, if a device has a tendency to wake up UCONNECT lets say all night long when the vehicle is parked.... well, you will have a no start situation on the morning .. 8-(

Will see how the MAI and AA Wireless dance with UConnect.

Sponsored

gerrya

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
@gerrya

USB staying powered on for a few minutes after ignition off, is not a concern of mine...

In regard to such devices that plug into the JL ... (OBDll, USB...) my concern is whether they will deal with UConnect properly.. IF, if a device has a tendency to wake up UCONNECT lets say all night long when the vehicle is parked.... well, you will have a no start situation on the morning .. 8-(

Will see how the MAI and AA Wireless dance with UConnect.

Problem is your phone will stay connected to the AA wireless as long as it's powered, causing your phone to stay connected to it's wifi and not connected to your home wifi when you park. AA wireless in an update corrected this by turning it's wifi off when the device no longer sees the uconnect Bluetooth. Hoping Motorola has this option as well. I will see what happens when that one arrives

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Problem is your phone will stay connected to the AA wireless as long as it's powered, causing your phone to stay connected to it's wifi and not connected to your home wifi when you park. AA wireless in an update corrected this by turning it's wifi off when the device no longer sees the uconnect Bluetooth. Hoping Motorola has this option as well. I will see what happens when that one arrives
@gerrya

Do let us know... I have read a few reviews and posts from other guys that have tried both offerings and it seems the MA1 is presently the pick of the litter.

Isseus found can be remedied if the device is firmware up gradable.

? ... is the firmware on each of these device up gradable by the end user? I assume it is... do you know what is involved regarding the firmware update on either offering?

gerrya

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
@gerrya

Do let us know... I have read a few reviews and posts from other guys that have tried both offerings and it seems the MA1 is presently the pick of the litter.

Isseus found can be remedied if the device is firmware up gradable.

? ... is the firmware on each of these device up gradable by the end user? I assume it is... do you know what is involved regarding the firmware update on either offering?
The AA Wireless is updated by a single click in the app while it's connected to the phone.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@rcadden
@BullMoose1776
@gerrya
@others

I have been doing my homework so to speak in preparation of the install of my MA1.

Seems the install is pretty straight forward... follow the instructions I posted earlier...

... BUT, but one thing that was not mentioned in the instructions ..... that they failed to mention..... that will cause you install issues...

Is that on your smartphone you MUST go into settings and toggle to on, "Wireless Android Auto".

Anyway, in regard to your smartphone.. before you attempt the install of the MA1, do the following:

Go to SETTINGS>CONNECTIONS and now scroll to the very bottom of the Connections screen and
select Android Auto .... now, you go to/will see, a rectangular blue box with +CONNECT A CAR... at that screen, scroll to bottom and toggle on WIRELESS ANDROID AUTO . (see pic below)

Jeep Wrangler JL 🤳AAWireless & Motorola MA1 (Wireless Android Auto Adapter Talk) 🤳 Screenshot_20220130-170853_Android Auto_kindlephoto-128834123

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I read that the MA1 has an 11cm in length USB attachment cable.

I read where one user has reported that he used a USB extension cable with it successfully.

I plan on plugging my MA1 into USB2 port in the center console.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
@gerrya
... do you know what is involved regarding the firmware update on either offering?
On AAWireless you just click a button in the app and it upgrades over wifi. Don't even need to unplug it from the jeep.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On AAWireless you just click a button in the app and it upgrades over wifi. Don't even need to unplug it from the jeep.
@GtX

Does the AAWireless have a companion app? The MA1 does not.
Sponsored