Sponsored

🤳AAWireless & Motorola MA1 (Wireless Android Auto Adapter Talk) 🤳

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
On edit 2/1/24 ... Important..

I started this thread when I first acquired an MA1 ... after 6 months I acquired an AAWireless dongle.

I have 1.5 years and many thousands of miles driving/using the AAWireless dongle in my JL.

-- >After having used both the MA1 and the AAWireless dongles for many months... I can tell you the AAWireless dongle is the pick of the litter for the JL/JT.
Partly because of the associated companion app that works with the AAWireless dongle is what makes the AAWireless dongle the absolute pick of the litter.. <----

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With that said, talk in this thread starts out MA1 and then talks both MA1 and AAWireless dongles.
IF you are wanting Wireless Android Auto, this thread is worth reading through.
.............AAwireless................................................................................MA1
Jeep Wrangler JL 🤳AAWireless & Motorola MA1 (Wireless Android Auto Adapter Talk) 🤳 nn578
Jeep Wrangler JL 🤳AAWireless & Motorola MA1 (Wireless Android Auto Adapter Talk) 🤳 20220825_102743
Jeep Wrangler JL 🤳AAWireless & Motorola MA1 (Wireless Android Auto Adapter Talk) 🤳 MA1

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Motorola-MA1-Wireless-Android-Adapter

Pre-order's are being taken as of this Am, TODAY, 1/26/22.

Yes, I was able to pre-order this AM. The MA1 will ship on or about 1/28/22.

https://www.amazon.com/Motorola-MA1-Wireless-Android-Adapter/dp/B09PQ95GY4

Jeep Wrangler JL 🤳AAWireless & Motorola MA1 (Wireless Android Auto Adapter Talk) 🤳

Jeep Wrangler JL 🤳AAWireless & Motorola MA1 (Wireless Android Auto Adapter Talk) 🤳 222
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Finally was able to pre order a few minutes ago. Hope everyone else got theirs too!

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Just came back here to say that I went ahead and placed my pre-order, as well. Supposed to be released tomorrow so I'm expecting it ~early next week.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It says WiFi but then it says bluetooth...does the bluetooth connection turn on your phone's wifi?
@zrickety

I know little now how it works...

I gather it connects via BlueTooth and then the Wi-Fi connection is used to project the Android Auto interface.

The MA1 will be used by me while around home, on the short, local trips... Will be great not having to use... plug in the USB cable..

I have an Echo Auto (Alexa) in my JL and use it often... to include having Alexa open and close my garage doors and more... Hope all works the same with the MA1 as it does with cable connect.

Will be using the USB cable on my frequent, lengthy interstate trips as I am concerned about battery depletion on the smartphone..

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I've been enjoying my AAWireless for quite awhile. Very convenient. Do plug in on long trips to avoid excessive battery drain.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Got my shipping update from Amazon a little while ago - "Arriving February 26 - March 3"

Bummer.
You're lucky you have a date. I heard they are completely sold out already.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been enjoying my AAWireless for quite awhile. Very convenient. Do plug in on long trips to avoid excessive battery drain.
@GtX

If you get a chance read the one, MA1 review on Amazon.... where the reviewer compares the MA1 to the AAWireless. He knocks the AAWireless.. says it is problematic.. says the MA1 is better...

I'd like to hear your take on the AAWireless. I have not fooled with either so... I'm clueless..

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
@GtX

If you get a chance read the one, MA1 review on Amazon.... where the reviewer compares the MA1 to the AAWireless. He knocks the AAWireless.. says it is problematic.. says the MA1 is better...

I'd like to hear your take on the AAWireless. I have not fooled with either so... I'm clueless..

The AAWireless had been a little buggy from time to time.

The jeep keeps it powered up for awhile so the wifi keeps trying to connect if you're in range. They implemented a feature in the software to connect and disconnect the wifi based on the Bluetooth connection to uconnect. It's 90%.

The wifi won't connect if my phone is on the VPN to my home network.

It seems to be getting better as the firmware evolve.
Sponsored