Sponsored

Motor Trend, 4-Wheel & Off-Road Magazine Ultimate Adventure 2018. There's a JL Sahara in the group.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
I ran across this Motor Trend 5 part video series on Youtube, that I thought I'd share. Here is their description of the event...

"The Ultimate Adventure is our annual road trip, or off-road trip, where we take a group of choice 4x4s on a badass journey to some of the coolest and most challenging off-road trails in the United States. Every year a few of our staff members, some of our favorite sponsors, and a select group of readers get to go. Check out the highlights from 2018!"

In a few of the scenes, you can see that a built JLU Sahara was in the group of vehicles.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGvTvFzdMg_OQ4FHsEfac7eXJeOZ63RAl

maxresdefault.jpg

Here is a little bio about the JL from 4-Wheel & Off-Road Magazine...

"Who is crazy enough to bring a brand-new Wrangler JL on the Ultimate Adventure? Dana is, but only after installing its own AdvanTEK axles under this Sahara model. Randall Speir was back again this year. He brought his gearhead wife, Rachel, along to shoot photos, serve as trail spotter, and ensure that both he and the Jeep made it through the week in one piece. Speir more than earned the nickname Whiskey Throttle last year piloting the company’s 525hp LS3-powered JK on UA 2017. After getting comfortable in the more mild-mannered JL, he was up to his old throttle-down driving style for UA 2018, prompting some onlookers to assume there was way more under the hood than just a factory 3.6L Pentastar."

2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL
Driver: Randall Speir
Co-Driver: Rachel Speir
How Many UAs Have You Been On? 2 (Randall), 1 (Rachel)
Favorite Part of Trip: Wheeling the Northeast was a first for me, and I loved the very challenging off-road parks. I already want to go back! The historical stops were great too. It’s awesome to see the innovation and ingenuity of American culture that brought us to where we are today.
>Drivetrain
Engine: 3.6L V-6
Transmission: 850RE 8-speed automatic
Transfer Case: Magna MP241
Front Axle: AdvanTEK Dana 44 with 4.88 gears and electric locker
Rear Axle: AdvanTEK Dana 44 with 4.88 gears and electric locker
>Suspension
Springs & Such: Skyjacker 2-inch dual-rate suspension
Tires & Wheels: 37x12.50R17 BFGoodrich All-Terrain KO2 on 17x8.5 Walker Evans beadlock
Steering: Synergy Manufacturing drag link
Winch: Warn Zeon Platinum 12-S
Other: Spicer Performance nodular iron diff covers, front driveline, and heavy-duty rear driveline; ARB twin air compressor and freezer-fridge
What Broke? Fender clips, foglight cover

Additional info on the event:
http://www.fourwheeler.com/ultimate-adventure/2018/
Sponsored

Last edited: