Motor Authority 2/21 review

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Denim dye transfer on light colored fabrics or leather isn't a quality issue, its an issue with light colored fabrics and leather...Other then that seems like a fair review, not sure agree with the tire road noise though, as of yet they seem pretty quiet to me.

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Tire roar from those 33-inch tires is constant and wind noise, even with my tester's optional hardtop, whips through the cabin.

WHAT?!?! I found the K02's to be quiet. It appears to me that this person must be used to nothing but cars. Until I put the STT Pro's on (and even then, not much), the road noise was minimal to non-existant.

Somehow, the front windshield is smaller. It's easy to spot from outside the car, but the impact from behind the wheel is tangible. At traffic lights, I had to hang back for a good view of what's happening, and there's an almost chop-top sensation in normal driving. And beyond that, it is a bizarre design choice. From the front, the windshield looks too small for the rest of the Jeep's proportions, particularly the lower beltline.

I don't find this at all. This is, to me, a subjective comment, but I guess this entire review is subjective since no equipment was used to measure anything in the article.

The front seats aren't very good. There's not enough support and the lower cushion could stand to extend a few inches forward to provide more leg support.

Again, not my experience at all, however, I'm 5'7" so maybe taller drivers would have a different experience.

Finally a Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Grand Cherokee, 2018 JLU
I'm 6'1" and have no problem at all with the front seats. Just as comfortable as my Grand Cherokee. Of course I'm not too picky and not everything can be as comfortable as my bed so why complain about it.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Love the front seats as well...matter of fact every passenger that has been in my new JL has remarked without asking how comfortable the seats are...and everyone one of them has nice cars/SUVs so they have a great comparison.
Sponsored