Sponsored

Motobilt sliders, good enough for the rubicon?

Jeepn’

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Funny thing about this thread is that I’m still waiting for my jeep to arrive lol. So the jeep will mostly be a daily driver, but every year my buddy’s do the rubicon trail. It’s become somewhat of a tradition.

So I like that they have a step (significant other is short) and I like that they have the rocker armor. My question is, how will they hold up to the constant abuse of something like the rubicon?

Curious if anyone has any experience with them. https://motobilt.com/collections/je...ducts/rocker-guards-w-step-for-jeep-jl-2-door
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Funny thing about this thread is that I’m still waiting for my jeep to arrive lol. So the jeep will mostly be a daily driver, but every year my buddy’s do the rubicon trail. It’s become somewhat of a tradition.

So I like that they have a step (significant other is short) and I like that they have the rocker armor. My question is, how will they hold up to the constant abuse of something like the rubicon?

Curious if anyone has any experience with them. https://motobilt.com/collections/je...ducts/rocker-guards-w-step-for-jeep-jl-2-door
I'm going to have to say: yes.

Jeep Wrangler JL Motobilt sliders, good enough for the rubicon? Screenshot_20220311-054855_Chrome

Joking aside, Motobilt stuff is solid and very well built. I wouldn't be too concerned considering the stock rock rails are good enough for the Rubicon trail.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Last edited:

JoeJLUR

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 Tundra CM
I have had the JLU version on my 19 Rubicon for almost two years now. I have been happy with them so far doing medium to hard trails here in the Tennessee valley. 75% dirt and 25% rocks, so most of the time my belly skids take most of the hits. They mount completely tight to the body also so I haven't taken any hard full on weight hits, but they slide really well on rocks when needed. They have held up really nice so far. I would recommend them.

Sponsored

Blendo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JKUR
Similar experience to Joe ^^ I have the Motobilt sliders on my 4 door Rubicon and have no complaints. Only modifications I did were to put a bead of silicone around the body tub armor and add peel and stick traction tape (skateboard tape) so they were not slippery after powder coating.

Jeep Wrangler JL Motobilt sliders, good enough for the rubicon? 1648482615709

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
Check out what cavfab has. They are frame mounted and it looks like you do not have to trim bottom of fenders. I have no experience with these but I read they will have a set for the 2 door soon.

OP
OP
Jeepn’

Jeepn’

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Similar experience to Joe ^^ I have the Motobilt sliders on my 4 door Rubicon and have no complaints. Only modifications I did were to put a bead of silicone around the body tub armor and add peel and stick traction tape (skateboard tape) so they were not slippery after powder coating.

Jeep Wrangler JL Motobilt sliders, good enough for the rubicon? 1648482615709
How good are they as a step?

Blendo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JKUR
There are better step options, these are kind of high for an entry step. Had a similar Teraflex slider on my JK. I never found a boatside slider that is wider than these. Works great if you place your foot long ways to get stuff off a roof rack, but only the toes of a shoe or boot will fit if you use it as a step to get in.

OP
OP
Jeepn’

Jeepn’

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
There are better step options, these are kind of high for an entry step. Had a similar Teraflex slider on my JK. I never found a boatside slider that is wider than these. Works great if you place your foot long ways to get stuff off a roof rack, but only the toes of a shoe or boot will fit if you use it as a step to get in.
Yeah, I kinda figured they’d be a little too tall to be a step. I’m also considering These LOD sliders .Might be a better option as a step.
Sponsored