Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Hey everyone,

Having a hard time deciding between Yukon and Motive Gear for my 4.88 swap. From what I am seeing both the Yukon and Motive Gear options would probably be great. Any experience/preference (bad or good) with either?

Was going to go with Dana's but after talking with Northridge they mentioned seeing a lot of Dana's come in damaged due to Dana's bad packaging.
Sponsored

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
The problem we saw was with the axle shafts and we fixed that.

For ring and pinions, Dana is definitely the one to get, especially for the newer Advantek axles in the JLs and JTs.

Canjeeper

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Hey everyone,

Having a hard time deciding between Yukon and Motive Gear for my 4.88 swap. From what I am seeing both the Yukon and Motive Gear options would probably be great. Any experience/preference (bad or good) with either?

Was going to go with Dana's but after talking with Northridge they mentioned seeing a lot of Dana's come in damaged due to Dana's bad packaging.
Go with Dana/Spicer sometimes dealers push the product with the most profit , for them .

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Hey everyone,

When I asked East Coast Gear about brands they said they always recommended Dana for the application.

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
I can assure nobody at northridge recommends parts based on profit margin.