Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Yeah, but which one fucked up that wall the worst??? Huh??? Huh??? :)

Sublime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella Rubicon
look how bad the JL does vs the Bronco, SMH
Looks like Bronco tie rod broke and spun the tire around in the wheelwell. Jeep tie rod didn't break so tire went under the tub. You probably should go buy a Bronco if you're so worried.

Sponsored

Northernlites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Retired
One out of several impact scenarios. I certainly wouldn't base purchasing a JLU just from this video crash test.

Sponsored

PntBlnk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler HA 4xe
Jeep vs Bronco is
well
interesting. The Jeep role over was a surprise for sure. Assume that was caused by a higher center of gravity and narrower stance than the Bronco? Guess 35’s on a positive offset would solve that one đŸ€Ș😳😎

The Tesla really peaked my curiousity as it looked like the passenger compartment wasn’t phases at all. It just sheared off the front wheel / fender and tracked pretty well from there. Must be total weight and low center of gravity due to the batteries?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Jeep vs Bronco is
well
interesting. The Jeep role over was a surprise for sure. Assume that was caused by a higher center of gravity and narrower stance than the Bronco? Guess 35’s on a positive offset would solve that one đŸ€Ș😳😎

The Tesla really peaked my curiousity as it looked like the passenger compartment wasn’t phases at all. It just sheared off the front wheel / fender and tracked pretty well from there. Must be total weight and low center of gravity due to the batteries?
The JL has been horribly failing the offset frontal crash test and rolling over since it debuted. Apologists will say it doesn’t matter to them and/or it’s not important. Because it couldn’t possibly be that the Bronco is just flat out hands down better in this regard. Nope. Nothing to see here, move along.

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
IIRC the JL actually gets a thumbs up on everything else other than the rear passenger overhead since it doesn’t have curtain airbags and the overlap as seen here.
Sponsored