Most liked/tolerated sedan for Wrangler owners

crudesolo

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 dr
I love my CLA250 before I traded it in. The sport package is just awful for NYC potholes. I wouldn’t mind having it again as a second ride.
Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The 2006 300c we had was my favorite sedan! I'd totally buy another. I did want that 2023 300c when I heard about it, was sad to find out they already sold out of them! :(

Also: It only came in black, white, and red. No silver or blue or green or any other interesting color. Mega sadness. :(

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
If I was buying a sedan. I would look at the Subaru WRX even though it’s ugly, the old STI was cool looking though. At least you can still get a manual and interesting colors.

Sponsored

Beach Bum 89

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fiat Spider
Don’t see me ever buying a sedan. Since I bought my 1st Jeep in ‘95, it’s been Jeep-Jeep-Mustang-Camaro-Fiat Spider-Jeep. My favorite car was a ‘72 MGB. Hope to get another MGB or TR6 at some point.

Last edited:

SLORubi

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2019 A4 S-line
The other vehicle in the garage is an Audi A4. The wife and I switch vehicles some days and it’s slightly comical. She is 4’ 11" climbing into a lifted Jeep, I’m 6’ 1" falling into a lowered Audi.

40Caliber

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Rubicon
We drove subarus for 15 years. My wife and I both have jeeps now. as we are retired and jeep pricing continues to get stupid, i can see going back to subaru when we need a new vehicle and we are futher into retirement.

as It is, i could probably trade her JLU sport clean for a new crosstrek in a couple years due to the difference in costs. (not that we will, but that was her car and she liked it)

I had 2 WRXs from 2007 to 2021 and loved them. as I get older, however, I may want something a little more refined for long rides

right now, when I am not in my jeep, i am on this
Jeep Wrangler JL Most liked/tolerated sedan for Wrangler owners teton2

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
This started as a friendly debate among some Wrangler friends this afternoon.

Yeah sure. Some of you I expect will say something along the lines of "you can pry my JL's key fob from my dead hands before I'll drive some mall crawling, kid towing, grandma bingo shuffling, 2" water fording Camry,"

.....but if you owned a sedan--(we'll say in addition to your Wrangler to keep tempers at bay), what would it be?

I guess, no shocker, I'd own a Subaru for its "go anywhere, do anything spirit," even if of course it doesn't come close to my Wrangler's capabilities in this area.

I'm curious if preferences lean towards the Lexus (luxury), Porche (sport), or Subaru (utility) schools of thought. So it might be useful to also indicate which model of JL you own, as I'm thinking the Rubicon more likely to pair with sport or utility sedans, while Sahara more luxury and sport sedans, etc.

TIA
Bought my first new car in '64, I buy cars about every 2-3 years most are ordered a are few bought off a lot, rare I buy a used car.*

Have NEVER owned a Sedan in my life and have no intentions of every doing so.

* There is a logical reason whay I buy my cars Often: 1). I sell or trade in a car that is stil in the 3 year/36k warranty. 2) Being single over half o fmy life I had no one to depend upon but me, better have a reliable car!

Sponsored

Ang1Sgt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys 2 door, 2020 Subaru Outback,
Occupation
Retired X2
Vehicle Showcase
Being retired with the ability to go anywhere at anytime, our 75% travel vehicle is our 2020 Subaru Outback. Worked for Subaru for a few years and grew to love and understand them well. Very good car for car travel for sure, though maybe not as well as the 2010 Volvo V70 wagon we had just because of the seats.

In our area you basically ride on rock salt this time of the year so unless I have too, the Jeep doesn’t need to come out of the garage. As I’ve said before, some folks my age want a Corvette in the garage, this 2 door Willys IS MY CORVETTE.

I also have another sacrificial car that my Wife loves. It’s a 2010 Dodge Journey R/T that she special ordered for herself. The ONLY car we ever special ordered in 48 years of marriage. Try selling that car out from under her. Lord knows I’ve tried, even to the point of offering her a Mustang Convertible to replace her Dodge. No Dice. So the Jeep and the Subaru are mine to drive because she just doesn’t want to know how to drive either of them.

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I would have to go with a WRX. I traded in my 2016 for my JLU and loved that car! I'd love a German sedan but can't rationalize spending that much on a vehicle (M3, S4, etc).

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t see me ever buying a sedan. Since I bought my 1st Jeep in ‘95, it’s been Jeep-Jeep-Mustang-Camaro-Fiat Spider-Jeep. My favorite car was a ‘72 MGB. Hope to another MGB or TR6 at some point.
This my “sedan” at the moment.

It’s a little tight in the back... 😫
Jeep Wrangler JL Most liked/tolerated sedan for Wrangler owners _DSC0013.JPG

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Sedan?

I dunno...

Might even consider one of those newfangled EV things. Or a hybrid.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Before our first Wrangler we loved smaller sports cars. That's a Mazda Miata, a Mini Cooper John Cooper Works, an Audi TT-S, and an Audi RS-5.

Now we're down to "just" the AEV JL370 JLURD and a Mercedes AMG GLC43.

Jeep Wrangler JL Most liked/tolerated sedan for Wrangler owners 1675610335927
Sponsored