Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Congrats! Worth it. I might be biased, but being a dad is pretty much the thing I'm most proud of in my life. My son (2) rules. He just gets me. He LOVED sitting in my TJ and making driving noises, but his car seat couldn't fit in there safely, so he could only sit in the seat and making driving noises. He loves my JLU (mostly because it's big and orange and he thinks of it like a giant toy, i think). My wife got a pretty awesome reaction video from him the day i brought it home. We took him for a walk on one of the warmer days a couple weeks ago and he walked right over to the Jeep, and insisted on getting in. We let him sit in the front and rear passenger seats, and as soon as he sat on the rear seat he tried climbing into his car seat, and said "Jeep vroom vroom"; So we strapped him in and took him for a ride. He can see a little more in the Jeep than in my wife's car so he seems to love riding around in it with dad. Hopefully this trend continues and he is eventually just as excited about going on the trail with me. We are hoping to take a family vacation to the Ocean this year with the Jeep and I think that's going to blow his mind.

Thankfully He seems to love music choices: Spotify playlist I made for him of old/classic Punk/ rock n roll tracks (tons of Chuck Berry, the Clash, Motorhead, and the Ramones) that's PG. if it's not that, my wife loves playing MoTown or Orchestral stuff for him in her car; so no "Baby Shark" for us! Kids follow your lead.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
If it’s not to late get the base and car seat combo. Makes it much easier to just the carrier in the base. Put your body weight onto the car seat and pull the latch straps tight. When securing the baby make the harness snug but where you can still get a finger or two in the straps. Have fun, you’ll realize why you were put on this earth

Brett

RavenJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito 2016 Granite Backcountry 2007 Camp Jeep
Congratulations!! Best upgrade ever, I have 4 of them, and I hate to tell you but they just get more expensive, bought a 2 door Jeep when my oldest started to drive and we're now in the midst of college acceptance's. Figure just college is going to cost us about $400,000 for all four...so enjoy the upgrades now..my oldest just turned 18 this week and it went in the blink of an eye, enjoy ever second of it.
The days are long but the years are short. Enjoy!!!!

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Talk about your sunk cost. LOL

Ya get outta of 'em what ya put into 'em. Get 'em used to wheeling as fast as possible.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
While that is expensive, I can think of one more up grade that is more costly. I have not experienced this. Thank GOD. But the most expensive upgrade I have seen is fake tities on a married woman. Every man that I know that has bought their wife a boob job has ended up in a divorce a few years later. It cost them their marriage, their kids, half of everything they own. child support, and alimony for years. Half of their pension. I am taking about hundreds of thousands of dollars and sometime millions. At times it has cost them their business that they have spent years building.

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
While that is expensive, I can think of one more up grade that is more costly. I have not experienced this. Thank GOD. But the most expensive upgrade I have seen is fake tities on a married woman. Every man that I know that has bought their wife a boob job has ended up in a divorce a few years later. It cost them their marriage, their kids, half of everything they own. child support, and alimony for years. Half of their pension. I am taking about hundreds of thousands of dollars and sometime millions. At times it has cost them their business that they have spent years building.
MGTOW FTW.
MGTOW + childfree=Legendary.

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
I made that same upgrade to my 1995 YJ back in 1998. It is still costing me, but I'm not complaining. It is the greatest upgrade ever. Congrats!!!

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Grandchildren can be expensive too. Not nearly as expensive as children plus the expense is a choice versus mandatory.
Sponsored