Sponsored

Most cost effective way to move up to 35's on a new JLUR

Boondoggler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
With the new JLUR capable of running 35's on stock suspension, what is the most cost effective way to switch up to 35's without letting the stock 33" BFG KO2s collect dust and go to waste? Is there ways to trade-in or if private sale, where are the market places online?

Never done this before. Must the stock 17 rims also be replaced or can it run 35x12.5/17 tires?
Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Sell them here, you may get someone with 18-19 Wrangler who would love them. I bought my Rubicon take-off wheels before another member even had a chance to post them. I don't think he even had the Jeep 48 hours before they were on my Wrangler. Great group of Jeepers here and super helpful.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
With the new JLUR capable of running 35's on stock suspension, what is the most cost effective way to switch up to 35's without letting the stock 33" BFG KO2s collect dust and go to waste? Is there ways to trade-in or if private sale, where are the market places online?

Never done this before. Must the stock 17 rims also be replaced or can it run 35x12.5/17 tires?
Most cost effective?
  1. Use the tires you have until they need to be replaced, rotate all 5 tires as needed.
  2. Replace worn out tires with 35s. If needed, add ~1/2" bump-stop extension
  3. ?
  4. Profit!

OP
OP

Boondoggler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Most cost effective?
  1. Use the tires you have until they need to be replaced, rotate all 5 tires as needed.
  2. Replace worn out tires with 35s. If needed, add ~1/2" bump-stop extension
  3. ?
  4. Profit!
Not sure it this was tongue-in-cheek or sa since "Most cost effective?" was not, at all, the actual question.

Bumps Ahead

First Name
Valerie & Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ontherocks4x4.org
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Happy Wife, Happy Life....
Vehicle Showcase

🤔

Gave mine to a relative.....their gratitude was priceless..... 😁

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I used a little over half the life in my stock tires. Then I switched to heavy 35’s. Now I’m spending 4K on a regear plus RCV’s (since I’m already in there).

That is the slippery slope.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Not sure it this was tongue-in-cheek or sa since "Most cost effective?" was not, at all, the actual question.
Then why is "most cost effective" the first 3 words of the title with the same exact phrase used in the first sentence?

Ronbo Ranger

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Wrangler Rubicon
I used a little over half the life in my stock tires. Then I switched to heavy 35’s. Now I’m spending 4K on a regear plus RCV’s (since I’m already in there).
What are you re-gearing to?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
You can sell new takeoffs for about $1200-$1500 with wheels or $600-$800 for tires. Sell them here, FB marketplace, or Craigslist.

you can put 35s on stock rims though it’s technically not correct. Some shops will refuse to do it.

OP
OP

Boondoggler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Then why is "most cost effective" the first 3 words of the title with the same exact phrase used in the first sentence?
Because the full context of a question changes when you pick and choose which words you want to address. The answer you gave has nothing to do with the question asked; it was not an open ended question.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Boondoggler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Alright, in re-reading my phraseology, I'll concede that your answer was applicable. I guess I was not explicit in "when" I wanted to switch; I would like to switch the new stock 33's for 35's immediately. Didn't know if people asked dealers to upgrade, or sell the 33's privately (on this forum or others such as FB market place, Craigs list, etc), or if tire shops actually would take trade-ins of the new 33's.

OP
OP

Boondoggler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe

Doesn't that feel like wasting 1/2 of the value of the stock tires? Why not use it all up before buying new 35's?

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Doesn't that feel like wasting 1/2 of the value of the stock tires? Why not use it all up before buying new 35's?
Yes it absolutely does. Once upon a time I’d have kept them in the garage but now space is at a premium and I need the ground clearance for a specific trip. Why do you ask?

My point was all of this is expensive and that there is a slippery slope of making a change here and a possibly necessary cascade of changes as a result…to do things the right way. It may not be helpful to you and was mainly rhetorical.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

This is not the most cost effective but a lot of fun.

- Order 35's and wait for them to arrive
- Once arrived
- Go to local police precint
- Do the smokiest bad ass burn out you can until the rear tires fail.
- Get arrested
- Meet interesting people and make new friends.
- Perhaps experience a different type of lovin' then you are used to
- Call wife/family to come bail you out
- Get Jeep towed to tire shop
- Get 35's put on
- Enjoy 35's
- Don't loose touch with your new friends!
Sponsored