OP
OP
JeepJohn

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Mine 2020 Willys just stranded me. Service ESS light and then misfires, shuddering and flashing check engine. Dealer won’t be able to look till Monday obviously - had er towed, 4600km
Did the ever find out the cause of this?
Sponsored

Forestdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6 Speed
Only issue i've had is the backup screen starting flashing one day and started going out. Picture an old style tv with bad reception. Did it the whole day but when went away the following day.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
In the 3.6L?

the ESS is a PITA.

other than that, so far, trouble free (purchased nov 2019..... but only about 6,000 miles).

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I have a 2020 2dr turbo that I bought 3 months ago and now has 3500 miles on it with zero of those problems. I did have to put diaelectric grease on all the weather stripping to stop all the squeaking that comes from it. Now I have to deal with the creaking of the plastic dash which I’m going to toss up as a Jeep thing. A couple other minor things in there but so far so good without the major problems.
I have a 2020 2dr turbo that I bought 3 months ago and now has 3500 miles on it with zero of those problems. I did have to put diaelectric grease on all the weather stripping to stop all the squeaking that comes from it. Now I have to deal with the creaking of the plastic dash which I’m going to toss up as a Jeep thing. A couple other minor things in there but so far so good without the major problems.
Get a can of silicone spray with a straw nozzle and spray where all pieces meet. It won’t hurt the plastic or gauges a will take care of the squeaking.

Sponsored

GPWER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2DR JL RUBICON
2019 JL RUBICON MANUAL 2DR 3.6

10 MILES PRE DETONATION PINGING SOLVED CHANGE IN OIL WEIGHT
15000 MILES ESS CONSTANT SERVICE SOLVED REMOVED AUX BATTERY WIRED TO MAIN
WOBBLES STARTED SOLVED SYNERGY TRACK BAR
PAINT BUBBLES UNSOLVED RELUCTANT TO FIX PAINT
18000 MILES REAR SHOCKS BLEW OUT SOLVED FOX 2.0
19000 MILES LOOSE STEERING FEEL STARTED SOLVED SYNERGY DRAG LINK
20000 CHIRPING NOISE UNSOLVED STILL LOOKING
AXLE LOCKER SERVICE AND 4WD SERVICE LGHT UNSOLVED OPEN CIRCUIT FRONT AXLE GOING BACK TO DEALER 3RD TIME
i CONTINUE TO ENJOY MY JL EVERY DAY WONT PART WITH IT EITHER

WIFE'S 2020 JL RUBICON MANUAL 2DR 3.6

7000 MILES NO ISSUES

Rogueman_1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal 2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Over 6k miles now and zero issues.

Edit: My ESS has never worked from day one but I count that as a bonus because I can't stand that nonsense anyway.

DavidJH

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sahara Altitude, 2008 Toyota Sequoia.
Occupation
FireMedic, Pre-Hospital Care Consultant.
Hiya. First post by new Jeep owner! (had a 1969 way back when, when I was in HS as my first vehicle, but no Jeep since!)

My question is about leaks from the rear window. 2020 JLUS with 2500 miles on it now and every time it rains heavily or I give it a bath the rear lift window leaks like a sieve from the top of the window. I saw one other post here in this thread mentioning that it is an on-going problem with "no solution". Just wondering if there is any updates or a TSB etc. relating to the issue.

Thanks!

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Hiya. First post by new Jeep owner! (had a 1969 way back when, when I was in HS as my first vehicle, but no Jeep since!)

My question is about leaks from the rear window. 2020 JLUS with 2500 miles on it now and every time it rains heavily or I give it a bath the rear lift window leaks like a sieve from the top of the window. I saw one other post here in this thread mentioning that it is an on-going problem with "no solution". Just wondering if there is any updates or a TSB etc. relating to the issue.

Thanks!
Mine does it occasionally. When it does I clean the seal (it collects a ton of dirt) and wipe it down with 303, then it stops.

DavidJH

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mine does it occasionally. When it does I clean the seal (it collects a ton of dirt) and wipe it down with 303, then it stops.
Thanks for the reply. I have cleaned the seal and made sure it is well lubed up and I still have a leak. Right in the middle of the window, almost perfectly so.

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Thanks for the reply. I have cleaned the seal and made sure it is well lubed up and I still have a leak. Right in the middle of the window, almost perfectly so.
No problem. Hate to say it but I'd take it in and let the dealership try and replace it under warranty. They don't all do it so maybe the seal just wasn't installed properly.

DavidJH

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
No problem. Hate to say it but I'd take it in and let the dealership try and replace it under warranty. They don't all do it so maybe the seal just wasn't installed properly.
I was certainly going to mention it to the Dealer when I go in for my first "free" oil change, and also to inquire about the steering TSB at the same time.

Jeff’s Rubicon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
2020 Rubicon, almost a year old, 11k miles. Only issue is a little water leaking into the jack storage area. Cannot determine where the water is coming from. Carpet dry, no streaks down the glass or plastics. Seals clean. Drain plug installed. Under investigation. Suggestions welcome.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
2020 Rubicon, almost a year old, 11k miles. Only issue is a little water leaking into the jack storage area. Cannot determine where the water is coming from. Carpet dry, no streaks down the glass or plastics. Seals clean. Drain plug installed. Under investigation. Suggestions welcome.
Remove the covers to expose the jack storage area and have someone sit back there and look for a water leak while it goes through a touchless car (Jeep) wash.

Rogueman_1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal 2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Right around 16k miles now on the 2020 Rubi and the only real issue I've had is the rear locker light coming on (only an issue for Rubi's obviously) but a wiring harness solved that problem. Nothing else to report.
Sponsored