kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
They're not as bright as the factory OEM LED fender lights during the daytime, but they are brighter at night. I have them on mine, and compared them to my dad's that has the OEM LED setup. I'm also happy with mine, no issues.
is it possible to have these set to “dropout” mode? So the DRL turns off when the turn signal is on? I am not certain if this was a mod/option added when I installed the Tazer Mini, but I like the idea. So far, I am seeing videos showing the signal on, with the DRL on.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I have them. No complaints so far. I wouldn't say they are brighter than stock...but they are definitely bright.
looks like the Morimoto version does have the dropout option. Not sure I want to spend the 60 bucks more than the MP Concepts version though.

Last edited:

GunnarJeep44

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
I have the Morimoto turn signals and I love them. Way brighter than my DRL’s on other vehicles (Grand Cherokee, X5). Paired here with Oculus headlamps and fogs.
Jeep Wrangler JL Morimoto GEN2 XB LED Turn Signals? 338D6345-AC33-4B4F-94E3-E16C1E9B7B27

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I have the Morimoto turn signals and I love them. Way brighter than my DRL’s on other vehicles (Grand Cherokee, X5). Paired here with Oculus headlamps and fogs.
338D6345-AC33-4B4F-94E3-E16C1E9B7B27.jpeg
are they the smoked version?
Did you have the oem led DRLs originally?

just wondering because the install video on ET seems as if they are the same and others have mentioned them being less (as bright as oem)in the daytime and brighter at night.

nice looking Rubi

GunnarJeep44

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon

just wondering because the install video on ET seems as if they are the same and others have mentioned them being less (as bright as oem)in the daytime and brighter at night.

nice looking Rubi
Thanks. Yes they are the smoked version. No I did not have LED package originally. I do think they are as bright as any OEM DRL I see on the road, and paired paired with the halos, they match the brightness perfectly which is the look I was going for.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014

nice looking Rubi
I have the same set up on the same color Wrangler (Smoked Morimoto signals, Oculus heads and fogs)! I could not get the halos to work using the method given in the instructions (tapping into the wire). I ended up just not worrying about the halos. Maybe I'll revisit trying to get them to work in the spring or just take it to a radio shop since I know they are good with wiring.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Thanks. Yes they are the smoked version. No I did not have LED package originally. I do think they are as bright as any OEM DRL I see on the road, and paired paired with the halos, they match the brightness perfectly which is the look I was going for.
I have the same set up on the same color Wrangler (Smoked Morimoto signals, Oculus heads and fogs)! I could not get the halos to work using the method given in the instructions (tapping into the wire). I ended up just not worrying about the halos. Maybe I'll revisit trying to get them to work in the spring or just take it to a radio shop since I know they are good with wiring.
thanks for the input. Not sure if the Oculus are the same as DV8s, with the halo wire. But I was told you can simply run the wire to the fuse block and plug it into a jumper. I cannot remember the exact fuse/slot to use off hand. I will have to look back through my PMs as I never wires them up. I even bought the jumper and fuse.

as far as the DRLs go, I am leaning toward the MC Concepts for $215 because they come with the side markers and I kinda like the slower sequential pattern. Looks like I would pay $265 or so for the Morimoto and then another $75 for the side markers.

haven’t decided yet though.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I know. I had a 25% off coupon but it was still very expensive! I was so pissed at the run around I was getting from Morimoto that I had made my mind up to go a different direction. It did cost me more but I was at that point mentally that I wanted to get something that worked.
My son has had great luck with Morimoto and I am sure you would be fine with them. Their customer service drove me away.
I ended up attempting to install the Morimotos today. I ran into a few issues. A job that should have taken a couple of hours turned into over four and they are still not in. I purchased the matching side markers. So, the kit comes with the heat shrink, which I used and got all buttoned up nicely. I double checked that they worked before finishing the wiring. When I tried to install the side markers I found they would not clip into the new drl/turn signal housing. I thought, maybe the side markers are not right and compared them to the old ones. They are the same. So, I decided to pull the old LED DRLs back out and test fit the Morimoto marker and the oem. They matched up and fit perfectly. Since it’s Christmas Eve, we had dinner and I ran out of time.

I will be trying to figure it out tomorrow, but I am thinking the set of Morimoto DRLs are flawed and the little slots where the side marker lights are supposed to slide in is wrong. The problem is, if this is the case, I will have to pull them back off and replace them with the originals until I can figure out how to go forward.

Has anyone had a similar problem with these?

Sponsored

Sssuperdave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392, 69 SS/RS Camaro, 2023Yukon
I ended up attempting to install the Morimotos today. I ran into a few issues. A job that should have taken a couple of hours turned into over four and they are still not in. I purchased the matching side markers. So, the kit comes with the heat shrink, which I used and got all buttoned up nicely. I double checked that they worked before finishing the wiring. When I tried to install the side markers I found they would not clip into the new drl/turn signal housing. I thought, maybe the side markers are not right and compared them to the old ones. They are the same. So, I decided to pull the old LED DRLs back out and test fit the Morimoto marker and the oem. They matched up and fit perfectly. Since it’s Christmas Eve, we had dinner and I ran out of time.

I will be trying to figure it out tomorrow, but I am thinking the set of Morimoto DRLs are flawed and the little slots where the side marker lights are supposed to slide in is wrong. The problem is, if this is the case, I will have to pull them back off and replace them with the originals until I can figure out how to go forward.

I had this exact issue and spent way too much time on trying to make them work. Where did you buy them?

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014

I had the same issue with mine. I don't think your flawed pair is a one off. Perhaps the design of the product is slightly off in general. I think this is a fairly common issue with aftermarket products and not just this one.

I installed my side markers in April so I can't remember all the details. But I do recall filing down plastic trying to get the markers to fit. Eventually I got them in there but it wasn't as perfect a fit as the OEM markers. There was a less than appealing gap that I just decided to live with.

That wasn't optimal but 8 months later I've pretty much forgotten about it and no longer notice it.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I had the same issue with mine. I don't think your flawed pair is a one off. Perhaps the design of the product is slightly off in general. I think this is a fairly common issue with aftermarket products and not just this one.

I installed my side markers in April so I can't remember all the details. But I do recall filing down plastic trying to get the markers to fit. Eventually I got them in there but it wasn't as perfect a fit as the OEM markers. There was a less than appealing gap that I just decided to live with.

That wasn't optimal but 8 months later I've pretty much forgotten about it and no longer notice it.
I had this exact issue and spent way too much time on trying to make them work. Where did you buy them?
Well Merry Christmas!!!

Thank you guys for the help.

Very Surprised they still sell these.

I will update if I can make them work.

Trying not to be negative this morning

Sssuperdave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392, 69 SS/RS Camaro, 2023Yukon

Mine were so far off, filing them was not an option.
Well Merry Christmas!!!

Thank you guys for the help.

Very Surprised they still sell these.

I will update if I can make them work.

Trying not to be negative this morning
I have seen a lot of positive comments on these lights….you and I were a few of the folks that got the defects.
Have a merry Christmas!

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Mine were so far off, filing them was not an option.

I have seen a lot of positive comments on these lights….you and I were a few of the folks that got the defects.
Have a merry Christmas!
Yep. These are definitely not going to work.

I will get another set from another vendor and ship these back. Wish I would have test fit them before wiring/heat shrink/zip tied everything. Guess I am running without turn signals for a week or so.
Sponsored