First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Anyone have a set of these?

they claim to be “brighter” than stock.

I do like the smoked looked and sequential signal.

36D46CF0-8C45-4E0A-9214-4B3F55CB3E70.png
Sponsored

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
I have them. No complaints so far. I wouldn't say they are brighter than stock...but they are definitely bright.

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I have them. No complaints so far. I wouldn't say they are brighter than stock...but they are definitely bright.
They're not as bright as the factory OEM LED fender lights during the daytime, but they are brighter at night. I have them on mine, and compared them to my dad's that has the OEM LED setup. I'm also happy with mine, no issues.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
They're not as bright as the factory OEM LED fender lights during the daytime, but they are brighter at night. I have them on mine, and compared them to my dad's that has the OEM LED setup. I'm also happy with mine, no issues.
hmmm. That’s odd.
The main reason I was considering them is the lighter tint than others. (If that makes sense). I am not really a fan of all dark/blacked/smoked lenses. They appear to be a bit more subtle than others and I think they would look great with the matching corner lights on my black Rubi. I cannot really afford them at the moment, as I just did the Clayton arms on the rear.

thanks for the info. I will probably end up getting them anyway. Maybe someone will get a promo code out between now and Christmas.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
don’t the fender lights dim when the headlights are on?

I wonder if these only have one level of intensity

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
don’t the fender lights dim when the headlights are on?

I wonder if these only have one level of intensity
The morimotos do dim just like the OEM ones when the headlights are turned on, it's just that they don't dim as much as the OEM ones do so they stay brighter at night.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
The morimotos do dim just like the OEM ones when the headlights are turned on, it's just that they don't dim as much as the OEM ones do so they stay brighter at night.
okay. Thank You again for the info

Sssuperdave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392, 69 SS/RS Camaro, 2023Yukon
I bought a set of these Morimoto’s but the passenger side had a manufacturing defect. Customer service was slow and couldn’t understand how the drivers side worked but the passenger wouldn’t. They finally accepted the return 3 weeks later.

I ended up going with the gorecon light/signal and love them. Their set up plugs right into the light to make it easier. I still paid more for the gorecon even with the sale price but I was just happy they worked the first time.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I bought a set of these Morimoto’s but the passenger side had a manufacturing defect. Customer service was slow and couldn’t understand how the drivers side worked but the passenger wouldn’t. They finally accepted the return 3 weeks later.

I ended up going with the gorecon light/signal and love them. Their set up plugs right into the light to make it easier. I still paid more for the gorecon even with the sale price but I was just happy they worked the first time.
Holy!! $549 though

I’m not really in any hurry now. Looking around to see how much the oems will get me.

also looking at the MP concepts. Can’t really tell how much different they are.

Sponsored

Sssuperdave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392, 69 SS/RS Camaro, 2023Yukon
Holy!! $549 though

I’m not really in any hurry now. Looking around to see how much the oems will get me.

also looking at the MP concepts. Can’t really tell how much different they are.
I know. I had a 25% off coupon but it was still very expensive! I was so pissed at the run around I was getting from Morimoto that I had made my mind up to go a different direction. It did cost me more but I was at that point mentally that I wanted to get something that worked.
My son has had great luck with Morimoto and I am sure you would be fine with them. Their customer service drove me away.

GunnarJeep44

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
Anyone have a set of these?

they claim to be “brighter” than stock.

I do like the smoked looked and sequential signal.

Jeep Wrangler JL Morimoto GEN2 XB LED Turn Signals? 36D46CF0-8C45-4E0A-9214-4B3F55CB3E70
I’m installing these in 2 weeks and will try to share pictures when done.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I know. I had a 25% off coupon but it was still very expensive! I was so pissed at the run around I was getting from Morimoto that I had made my mind up to go a different direction. It did cost me more but I was at that point mentally that I wanted to get something that worked.
My son has had great luck with Morimoto and I am sure you would be fine with them. Their customer service drove me away.
Thank you again for the input.
I too hate the lack of customer service these days.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase