Morimoto 7" headlight adapter first look and install + Super7 Bi-LED

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
really? mine went right in. other than having to file off the one nub on the adapter. everything works.
Maybe I got it. First off, no nub on any of my connectors they all went in fine. However the connectors from the anti flicker device to the driver can be switched either way. (Dumb) I think but I assumed (you know what that means) that like house wiring black was positive. Wrong according to TRS. black is neg so i did switch them around and this afternoon or tomorrow AM I will try again. They do look awesome in the buckets and I would love to have them in. How did the alignment go with the buckets? Thanks for all the help...Pretty fair mechanical guy but anything with wires is a challenge....

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Finally got the lights to work and installed. Morimoto Super 7's. I think they look awesome but.....When i turn on the lights they work but when I put high beams on they go off. So much for plug and play...I will need to call TRS on Monday and try and figure this out.....

super 7b.jpg

Super 7a.jpg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Those do look great^^^^

Sponsored

Im JL'in!

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Did you find out anything? Today I drove home with no low beams, switched back in the halogens and STILL had no lows. I had to do this weird ritual where I put the ignition to run and flash the highs to get them to come back on. I'm beyond pissed, this is a freaking headlight not a flux capacitor, I doubt I can return my adapters, at this point I'll live with the halogens as long as they stay on.

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Talked to them today. They suggested I try changing the polarity on the High beam side of splitter going into the driver. It was 7 degrees today so it will have to wait until tomorrow. I am pretty peeved also.. Plug and play they are not...One more chance and then I will be doing my best to send them back.....

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Did you find out anything? Today I drove home with no low beams, switched back in the halogens and STILL had no lows. I had to do this weird ritual where I put the ignition to run and flash the highs to get them to come back on. I'm beyond pissed, this is a freaking headlight not a flux capacitor, I doubt I can return my adapters, at this point I'll live with the halogens as long as they stay on.
Ok hopefully I can offer you some hope...I did change the polarity on the high beam connector from the Splitter to the driver and they high beams did work.. Initially they would not stay on and I was going crazy. I started the vehicle a few times and turned them on and off.They would not stay on. I unplugged and plugged all the connectors again and Bravo success. Do not know why but it seemed to do the trick. I am hoping that it is permanent. We shall see. Good luck.

bluesteeljl

First Name
CG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Finally was able to get them to work. One of the JK splitters isn't working for the high beam. It shifts and loses power, so I set it up on the driver side so that i don't have to take the grill off to replace it when i get the part in from TRS. They are running great right now on low beam, swapping out the should be super easy.

Overall reversing the polarity as per @obiwankabaldi said seemed to work (thanks for the tip)

One last thing which may not be as big a deal for most using the Morimoto Super 7's., but i have a tip for leveling them. Since I have the sketching of the Jeep silhouette it was very noticeable when it was crooked. I aligned the spoke coming out directly under the "morimoto LED" writing with the screw visible on the bottom of the JL headlight adapters. Makes it perfectly aligned. Would have driven me crazy if those jeeps were the tad bit crooked.

Learned a lot with the install, leverage this forum all the time, so feel free to msg me if you have any questions as the installation guides are pretty tough to make sense of.

Thanks to those that shared. I'll be aiming them soon and may post an update if i find anything useful while doing that.

BSJLUHL.JPG

BSFace.JPG

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
those look awesome. Glad the tip to reverse polarity worked for you. I have not aimed mine yet due to the fact that the day after I got them working I left on a one month long vacation. I will attempt to do that when I get home. Any suggestions that are offered in the meantime will be appreciated. Those headlights so look great and if they aim well I will be really happy.....

Sponsored

punknking

First Name
Chrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
buying JLU soon
How did you adjust headlight height and rotation? I have the morimoto brackets, but have custom HID projectors

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Finally was able to get them to work. One of the JK splitters isn't working for the high beam. It shifts and loses power, so I set it up on the driver side so that i don't have to take the grill off to replace it when i get the part in from TRS. They are running great right now on low beam, swapping out the should be super easy.

Overall reversing the polarity as per @obiwankabaldi said seemed to work (thanks for the tip)

One last thing which may not be as big a deal for most using the Morimoto Super 7's., but i have a tip for leveling them. Since I have the sketching of the Jeep silhouette it was very noticeable when it was crooked. I aligned the spoke coming out directly under the "morimoto LED" writing with the screw visible on the bottom of the JL headlight adapters. Makes it perfectly aligned. Would have driven me crazy if those jeeps were the tad bit crooked.

Learned a lot with the install, leverage this forum all the time, so feel free to msg me if you have any questions as the installation guides are pretty tough to make sense of.

Thanks to those that shared. I'll be aiming them soon and may post an update if i find anything useful while doing that.

BSJLUHL.JPG

BSFace.JPG
Hello. How did the alignment go? Just got back from vacation and want to get my lights aligned. Were you able to get to the adjusters? Did they come into the correct alignment or did you have to actually take the housings and move them around? Thanks...

bluesteeljl

First Name
CG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Hello. How did the alignment go? Just got back from vacation and want to get my lights aligned. Were you able to get to the adjusters? Did they come into the correct alignment or did you have to actually take the housings and move them around? Thanks...
Sorry for the late reply. Was very easy and straight forward. Able to reach the adjustments nuts without any maneuvering and using a 8 mm ratchet wrench

BayouBeauty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew 4x4 EcoDiesel
What about the light output of the new lights?? Anyone have before and after pics sitting in the driver seat looking on the road?
Sponsored