2018 rubicon JL

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I do not know what is going on. Got them installed but neither of them work. I do have a Sport S and wondering if there is a interface with the plugs that is not correct. I tried them both and swapped some components around wondering if there was a problem with one of them. NADA, NOTHING! Neither of them lit up. I did accomplish to change out the satin grill but really bummed about the super 7's not working....

KCwrangler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Did you file off that extra little plastic tab on the connector? That could be preventing the connectors from getting seated properly...

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
The connector going to my headlight is a three prong (internal) but there are only 2 wires going into the connector. The adapter is a 3 prong and has 3 wires coming out of it. My Sport S was not wired for LED's and I am wondering about this. Any other Sport or Sport S guys add LED lights....?

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
The connector going to my headlight is a three prong (internal) but there are only 2 wires going into the connector. The adapter is a 3 prong and has 3 wires coming out of it. My Sport S was not wired for LED's and I am wondering about this. Any other Sport or Sport S guys add LED lights....?
I had to use two adapter harnesses (h13-h4 to h4-Molex) to get my lights working. Iā€™m going to redo this and just splice the wires since my high beams donā€™t always work. Some photos of what youā€™re working with could help

Sponsored

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
This all sounds so discouraging. My morimoto brackets and sealed 7 2.0ā€™s arrive today! I have a sport S, I sure hope the connectors work correctly. What parts are needing to be modified in order to fit properly( cut or filled down) thanks yā€™all

bluesteeljl

First Name
CG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m having a similar issue. Installed both lights and only low beams were working, nothing projecting in high beam mode.

Tried swapping out some of the connections to troubleshoot and then only 1 light would work. Identified that it is one of the drivers that doesnā€™t seem to be working. Can get both lights to work if I swap the drivers.

Called @theretrofitsource and they said to send an email with pictures and detailed description of my set up so am waiting on them to respond.

Found this video on YouTube which may end up being the solve to the problem but this definitely isnā€™t a straightforward set up.

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I will be curious to find out if any of these fixes work. Wow. I never thought it would be that difficult to get a set of headlights to work.

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
This all sounds so discouraging. My morimoto brackets and sealed 7 2.0ā€™s arrive today! I have a sport S, I sure hope the connectors work correctly. What parts are needing to be modified in order to fit properly( cut or filled down) thanks yā€™all
JIMONEZ, I will be curious to hear how you make out. I do hope the work for you and if so please attach some pics so I can see what you did....Thanks. For starters my connector. (the vehicle harness only has 2 wires onto what is a three prong going to the headlights)

bluesteeljl

First Name
CG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m having a similar issue. Installed both lights and only low beams were working, nothing projecting in high beam mode.

Tried swapping out some of the connections to troubleshoot and then only 1 light would work. Identified that it is one of the drivers that doesnā€™t seem to be working. Can get both lights to work if I swap the drivers.

Called @theretrofitsource and they said to send an email with pictures and detailed description of my set up so am waiting on them to respond.

Found this video on YouTube which may end up being the solve to the problem but this definitely isnā€™t a straightforward set up.

Update: TRS believes it is due to faulty drivers so they asked me to send them pictures of them disabled and they have already sent out replacements. Will give it another try once they come in

6FA3872B-1B45-45D2-B2FF-EDC1B1D923F9.jpeg

Sponsored

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
Morimoto sealed 7 2.0ā€™s and adapter brackets just arrived, hopefully Iā€™ll get them installed tomorrow.

E732431E-92D5-44DA-A3AD-4BB038AFB27C.jpeg

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Can you guys post a pic of the adapters that come w TRS buckets?