2018 rubicon JL
Last edited by a moderator:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Thanks for the link, was that your video? Housings look nice installed although seem to be a bit challenging to adjust, but looks like you (or if you weren't the author) got through it ok :)

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
Got mine installed today as well. Of much higher quality compared to the Amazon brackets I was using. The OE style headlight adjusters are a welcome feature as well.

OP
OP
2k2wranglerx

2k2wranglerx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon JL
Thanks for the link, was that your video? Housings look nice installed although seem to be a bit challenging to adjust, but looks like you (or if you weren't the author) got through it ok :)
Yeah that was my vid. i've been kinda doing a little youtube channel of this stuff.

OP
OP
2k2wranglerx

2k2wranglerx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon JL
Got mine installed today as well. Of much higher quality compared to the Amazon brackets I was using. The OE style headlight adjusters are a welcome feature as well.
what headlights are you running? i did the sealed7 1.0's and they're "ok". i'm not blown away by them... but i'm not sure that i want to drop 500 on JW speakers...

Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Worth it? I cancelled my order and have the amazon brackets now. Debating adding spacers or just waiting it out.

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
what headlights are you running? i did the sealed7 1.0's and they're "ok". i'm not blown away by them... but i'm not sure that i want to drop 500 on JW speakers...
Iā€™m running the JW speaker Evo J2. I wasnā€™t totally impressed with their output when installed with the amazon brackets, but with the morimoto adapters the lights arenā€™t as recessed in the grill, which noticeably improved their output.

I ran Trucklites on my old JK and the JWā€™s by comparison have a better beam pattern.

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Got mine also. What are the 3 adjustable screws on the sides for? They seem to center the light in the bucket. Do they get tightened up or left loose. Does anyone know of an actual video or diagram of the install for these? Thanks....

KCwrangler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Got mine also. What are the 3 adjustable screws on the sides for? They seem to center the light in the bucket. Do they get tightened up or left loose. Does anyone know of an actual video or diagram of the install for these? Thanks....
Just got mine today, wondering the same thing.

@2k2wranglerx what is your status after headlight aiming/adjustment? Mine looked great until I had to aim them and ended up with large gaps in the bottom of the bucket...

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I am guessing that the 3 side adjusters are for the height of the headlight in the bucket. Once adjusted you snug those up. But if they are not equally level with the housing your headlight adjustment will be major in one direction or the other and that is probably why you have the large gap. Just a guess on my part but it seems to bear out since the 2 adjusters on the bottom/back of the bucket are there for adjustment. Going to call morimoto today and see if I can get some clarification. No install video or digital instructions yet that I can find.....Since these are universal for any 7" headlight that depth adjustment does seem to make sense.

Sponsored

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Just got my amazon brackets, but I got a deal on used Quakes which I think are a direct drop in. Iā€™ll orobaly put the amazon brackets up for sale

OP
OP
2k2wranglerx

2k2wranglerx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon JL
Worth it? I cancelled my order and have the amazon brackets now. Debating adding spacers or just waiting it out.
They're worth it for the fill in ring I think.

Iā€™m running the JW speaker Evo J2. I wasnā€™t totally impressed with their output when installed with the amazon brackets, but with the morimoto adapters the lights arenā€™t as recessed in the grill, which noticeably improved their output.

Thanks for the feedback. i was looking at these for the next set: https://www.hidprojectors.com/produ...Vkv7puS2tXV6XRM2Xho-1HjJUkX2DM3Qzj1xQQy3J_tLc

I ran Trucklites on my old JK and the JWā€™s by comparison have a better beam pattern.
Thanks for that feedback.

i snugged mine up just a little until i had the light as far forward as possible. Then tightened them down. No idea if that's correct since morimoto doesn't seem to have instructions on their website yet.

Just got mine today, wondering the same thing.

@2k2wranglerx what is your status after headlight aiming/adjustment? Mine looked great until I had to aim them and ended up with large gaps in the bottom of the bucket...
i have a small gap between the light and the ring. if you extend both the adjusters you can still move that light forward. that ring will flex and allow you to close the gap on the bottom. it's just a pain. to balance that and adjusting lol.

I am guessing that the 3 side adjusters are for the height of the headlight in the bucket. Once adjusted you snug those up. But if they are not equally level with the housing your headlight adjustment will be major in one direction or the other and that is probably why you have the large gap. Just a guess on my part but it seems to bear out since the 2 adjusters on the bottom/back of the bucket are there for adjustment. Going to call morimoto today and see if I can get some clarification. No install video or digital instructions yet that I can find.....Since these are universal for any 7" headlight that depth adjustment does seem to make sense.
let us know what you find out.

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Did call and told that the 3 screws are supposed to act as cushions to keep the light from jarring around. To be honest that does not make sense to me and think if there were some springs between the housing and the light that would work better....I did adjust the housing so that the back of my headlight sets against the frame and is equal distant from the top ledge of the bucket and then tweaked the three side screws to try and make sure the headlight was in the center of the housing and completed assembly. Trying to start with some datums that are equal. Not liking this design and a little disappointed. I did buy the Morimoto Super 7's and love the look but I do wish there was a better adapter out there.....DAMN!

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Keep us posted! Also interested in how super7s will look on
Sponsored