Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
With all of the focus on the new Ford Bronco I wander how many people remember why ford made the bronco in the first place it was to compete with the Jeep and here we go for round two but let’s remember that Jeep never discontinued any of its models and I think I know why and if I have to explain it you wouldn’t understand it’s a Jeep thing I think it is the culture something bigger than just a mere vehicle it is the people that made Jeep the icon it is today the loyal support that starts with a single Jeep wave I have never seen such a following of any other vehicle and I bet the bronco will never reach the heritage and status of the Jeep for one simple reason the Jeeple that stand behind it
This is the longest unfinished sentence I think I have ever seen!
Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
With all of the focus on the new Ford Bronco I wander how many people remember why ford made the bronco in the first place it was to compete with the Jeep and here we go for round two but let’s remember that Jeep never discontinued any of its models and I think I know why and if I have to explain it you wouldn’t understand it’s a Jeep thing I think it is the culture something bigger than just a mere vehicle it is the people that made Jeep the icon it is today the loyal support that starts with a single Jeep wave I have never seen such a following of any other vehicle and I bet the bronco will never reach the heritage and status of the Jeep for one simple reason the Jeeple that stand behind it
Agreed I am a Mini Cooper fan as well, and they also have a wave thing, but it nothing like the Jeep thing not even close. In a highly attractive Mini I would get a wave every 3 months if that. The jeep is an everyday all day wave thing. No other vehicle like this.

IMG_20191029_154403.jpg

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Agreed I am a Mini Cooper fan as well, and they also have a wave thing, but it nothing like the Jeep thing not even close. In a highly attractive Mini I would get a wave every 3 months if that. The jeep is an everyday all day wave thing. No other vehicle like this.

Jeep Wrangler JL More than a vehicle it is a culture IMG_20191029_154403
Also everyone knows you don't buy the first gen of anything, not cars not vaccines, not even technology. You leave that to the people who don't know this.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
[/QUOTE]
In a highly attractive Mini
[/QUOTE]
Wait what? Don't think I've seen such a Mini ... lol

Sponsored

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
reminds me of android (google) / ios (apple)
or ps4 / xbox
fan boy wars.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I love my jeep and won't be getting a bronco, at least for quite some time. But just because something's been around for awhile doesn't mean it's good or worth supporting. Like every group I've ever been a part of, I've met jeepers who are some of the most excellent people I've known and I've met jeepers who are the scum of the earth and I would never want to consider them friends.

Waves are nice, though. So go waves.

DanFelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I like Jeeps. Since 1972. My affection is that they have won wars. Ford, not so much. And Ford did not make Jeeps in WWII; they licensed tech so they could make Jeep-like vehicles that also helped win wars. The Bronco is a great and attractive new vehicle. But I'll wave at Jeeps. IMHO

Sponsored

Anonymous

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLUR
I was referring to China Peak and Rice Peak, both in southern Arizona. China Peak is so tight you end up doing the turns with one tire in the air during the back and forth because it's so steep in addition to so tight. And that's with full flex and sways disconnected.
My ass crack started eating my trousers just thinking about that. There is no way I could pull that off. :whew:

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
My ass crack started eating my trousers just thinking about that. There is no way I could pull that off. :whew:
I bet you could. You will need a properly equipped vehicle, the driving skillset, a spotter and nerves of steel. Also, one swift fart will blow those trousers right out of your butt munchies.

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Like so many, I've had various vehicles over the years. I've always seen them as tools, transporting me from A to B. Some nicer than others, some more comfortable than others. I never fell in love with my previous 2 BMWs or one Audi. Nice tools, but still tools. I don't fall in love with a hammer; it's a tool.

The only exception over the decades has been the Wrangler. The Wrangler is special to me.
Sponsored