Sponsored

More JLU spy shots to tide us over

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
There have been mules without LED DRLs, therefore it would make sense to assume that lower trims will come without it? Unless they tested it once for the hell of it, but that wouldn't make much sense.
Where was this mule? Was it without them, or were they simply off and not visible since the US doesn't require them?

Also are you confusing Headlight LED DRLs with the Fender mounted DRLs?
Sponsored

Alvin R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Where was this mule? Was it without them, or were they simply off and not visible since the US doesn't require them?

Also are you confusing Headlight LED DRLs with the Fender mounted DRLs?
I'm talking about fender DRLs. And they were a simple halogen light, rather than LED. I can't find the pic right now but I believe it was when the mule got pulled over by police in CA.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
I don't mind LEDs in the fenders, however I do think Jeep should have tried to DESIGN/integrate them into the fenders rather than just slapping on horizontal lights.
Yeah I was disappointed to see just an extra add on bar instead of lenses incorporated smoothly into modern body colored fenders.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I'm good with the lights, I think it adds a fresh look. I will reserve final judgement for when I see an unmasked JL though.

Sponsored

Eugene the Jeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU in black
I don't mind LEDs in the fenders, however I do think Jeep should have tried to DESIGN/integrate them into the fenders rather than just slapping on horizontal lights.
Yea but that will probably be what saves on repair costs, if it's just a horizontal bar that can be detached from the bottom of the fender in case the fender gets damaged and needs to be removed, repaired or replaced. NOT designing it as part of the fender probably also means some aftermarket ones can be made to fit the OEM LED bar as well.
Sponsored