Sponsored

More JLU spy shots to tide us over

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Agreed. Personally I like the AEV bumper that closes the gap, but still has good approach angle and ruggedness.

Jeep Wrangler JL More JLU spy shots to tide us over {filename}
Yes rounded up on bottom is good for dudes who want 37" tires and that is good for aftermarket. But for stock Sahara and lower they should think for all the damn people commuting in these and all the young people conscious of MPG, and put the MF in a wind tunnel and make the aerodynamically smart design choice that will increase MPG a tick or two, but also allow for 33' tires to be mounted on stock 17-18" wheels.
Sponsored

tmc11

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Silverado 1500, Future JLU Owner
Occupation
Engineer
The LEDs on the fenders infuriates me. How many JKs do you see with bent/dented front fenders? A ton. Guess what happens when there is an LED on it? The repair costs just went from a hammer and boiling water to replacing an LED bulb

JaybearWL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0t
The LEDs on the fenders infuriates me. How many JKs do you see with bent/dented front fenders? A ton. Guess what happens when there is an LED on it? The repair costs just went from a hammer and boiling water to replacing an LED bulb
Maybe you reduce accidents by better lighting??? RIGHT???? GUYS???

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Whatever. LEDs are cheap. And after market fenders will have REALLY cheap little LEDs on them.

Sponsored

Alvin R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Frankly I just don't like the aesthetic of leds on the fenders.
I don't mind LEDs in the fenders, however I do think Jeep should have tried to DESIGN/integrate them into the fenders rather than just slapping on horizontal lights.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd

There's already marker lights on the fenders, get over it, you can always add stubby fenders if you want.

tmc11

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Silverado 1500, Future JLU Owner
Occupation
Engineer
There's already marker lights on the fenders, get over it, you can always add stubby fenders if you want.
Yes but if you change to a stubby front fender you now have no front signal.

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen plenty of stubby fenders with tidy little LEDs in them.

Personally, I really like the LEDs in the fender, and the idea that all exterior lights will be LED. (Plus many inside as well).

Alvin R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
I've seen plenty of stubby fenders with tidy little LEDs in them.

Personally, I really like the LEDs in the fender, and the idea that all exterior lights will be LED. (Plus many inside as well).
If you pay for it. The lower trims will not have any LEDs, whether it be the headlights or the DRLs.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unless you get the new stubby fenders with and extra $1 LED in it. Really not an issue for people who can mod their vehicles.
Seriously, this is a non-issue. Even if you have to personally add them, the way we mod the current marker lights into signal lights, it's going to amount to the cost of a cup of coffee per side.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you pay for it. The lower trims will not have any LEDs, whether it be the headlights or the DRLs.
There is no indication that the lower trims will not get the LED marker/turn/DRL lights, they will be getting the LED interiors lights. The cost is minimal for these, and it makes little sense to not standardize all those. Headlights however are still SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive that standard incandescent, so they will remain a premium trim until the MOPAR/OEM cost difference between headlights comes down.

Alvin R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
There is no indication that the lower trims will not get the LED marker/turn/DRL lights, they will be getting the LED interiors lights. The cost is minimal for these, and it makes little sense to not standardize all those. Headlights however are still SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive that standard incandescent, so they will remain a premium trim until the MOPAR/OEM cost difference between headlights comes down.
There have been mules without LED DRLs, therefore it would make sense to assume that lower trims will come without it? Unless they tested it once for the hell of it, but that wouldn't make much sense.
Sponsored