Jeeper Fever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2-Door Manual JLR
It is much deeper than that....

The hardware is different, the form factors are different, even amoung iPhones; the software generations have different capabilities, and the effects of a software upgrade are different.

As a long time Android user, I cannot stand how stupid the UI design is. They keep changing it, poorly, from one lousy setup to another. Not only can they not settle on something that works well, they don't even know what working well means. They alter the look of the icons gratuitously, and screw up the dialer with every update. Sure, all of this can be altered by a knoledgeable user, but that is a load of work to be done.

As for iPhone, they slowed down the older phones just to push the customers to upgrade. Imagine if the car dealer lowered your MPG with every oil change, just to get you to buy a new car. iEverything has lost its way since the Designer in Chief passed, Jobs was the only guy who ever held the company together; he was the one with the sense of what a consumer, home computer should be, and how it should work.

Phooey.

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
I like android because I can customize it to my liking with custom software and root enabled custom settings (like a simple adblocking hosts file for example). I want to try IOS some day because, right or wrong, it seems like IOS may offer more privacy.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
iPhone 8, and itā€™s my last new iPhone until Apple gets their head out of their ass and gets rid of the design compromise known as the notch. Steve Jobs would never have settled for that crap. And Samsung, putting a dot (the front-facing camera on the Galaxy S10) in your screen isnā€™t much better.

Since ā€˜09 Iā€™ve always jailbroken my iPhones but with iOS 12 for the last six months or so I havenā€™t felt the need yet. Itā€™s a solid OS.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
iPhone 8, and itā€™s my last new iPhone until Apple gets their head out of their ass and gets rid of the design compromise known as the notch. Steve Jobs would never have settled for that crap. And Samsung, putting a dot (the front-facing camera on the Galaxy S10) in your screen isnā€™t much better.

Since ā€˜09 Iā€™ve always jailbroken my iPhones but with iOS 12 for the last six months or so I havenā€™t felt the need yet. Itā€™s a solid OS.
Replying on my Xs with the notch. Itā€™s so not an issue... great device.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Replying on my Xs with the notch. Itā€™s so not an issue... great device.
Different priorities for different people... My personality is that little things like that bother me incessantly. Itā€™s the missing tile syndrome. The whole mosaic could be beautiful but my eye goes straight to the missing tile and it eats at me. To me the notch is a design compromise and always will be.

JeepGA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
iOS is made out of soy. I'm not a soy boy

Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
IOS gets the ease of use nod, but I prefer Android due to the ability to customize and tweak just about everything. I'm a gadget guy, and the proprietary interface and customization limitations of IOS have always kept me away. I constantly recommend IOS for folks who just want to "use" their phones, especially if they're committed to iTunes. IOS just isn't for me, but I respect it.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
So I went wheeling with @chevymitchell @ThirtyOne and @UNC Rubicon and a couple of others recently. I was the newbie and they couldn't add me to their existing group text because I was the ONLY one without an iphone. They tried to shame me into buying Shawn's old iphone, but the Jeep thing is expensive enough as it is, lol. I much prefer android. The rest of my family all have iphones though, they're dumb.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So I went wheeling with @chevymitchell @ThirtyOne and @UNC Rubicon and a couple of others recently. I was the newbie and they couldn't add me to their existing group text because I was the ONLY one without an iphone. They tried to shame me into buying Shawn's old iphone, but the Jeep thing is expensive enough as it is, lol. I much prefer android. The rest of my family all have iphones though, they're dumb.
I think this says more about you than the rest of us.

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Wait the title asks what you're on and the poll asks which you prefer. I prefer IOS but I'm on Android because I didn't want to spend $800 on my phone and the differences aren't worth $500.
My experince the Android Auto works a bit more seamlessly than CarPlay but CarPlay looks better. The general integration with the phone is nothing short of amazing IMO. But I remember programming a Mainframe in Assembler so....
Sponsored