Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
State worker
Vehicle Showcase
288611EA-5309-4726-B4B6-C147FF1B8B2D.jpeg
So I just put a 4” lift and 35” tires on my girl. Lost power, gas mileage etc... of course I knew this was going to be the case. So what I am looking into is a cold air intake, and exhaust? I’ve been seeing a lot of mixed reviews and feelings on the cold air intake and exhaust.

So I need you’re help? I’d like to hear what you all think. Would really like some feedback to owners who already installed these items.

I like for brand preferences as well, and some of your photos of these mods.
Sponsored

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
A CAI and an exhaust will only get you sound and looks. You will not gain any performance from it. With the CAI, you may actually lose performance.

OP
OP
Egreco79

Egreco79

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
State worker
Vehicle Showcase
At best, such mods will give you single-digit torque/horsepower gains. Been there, done that, not worth it.
Thanks, wanted some feedback before spending the money.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
288611EA-5309-4726-B4B6-C147FF1B8B2D.jpeg
So I just put a 4” lift and 35” tires on my girl. Lost power, gas mileage etc... of course I knew this was going to be the case. So what I am looking into is a cold air intake, and exhaust? I’ve been seeing a lot of mixed reviews and feelings on the cold air intake and exhaust.

So I need you’re help? I’d like to hear what you all think. Would really like some feedback to owners who already installed these items.

I like for brand preferences as well, and some of your photos of these mods.
Power, fuel mileage loss isn’t resolved by a CAI/Exhaust. Have you reprogrammed your tire size to correct speedometer and shift points? Sounds to me if this doesn’t help it is time to regear.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Egreco79

Egreco79

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
State worker
Vehicle Showcase
Power, fuel mileage loss isn’t resolved by a CAI/Exhaust. Have you reprogrammed your tire size to correct speedometer and shift points? Sounds to me if this doesn’t help it is time to regear.

No I haven’t reprogrammed the CPU yet. My speedometer is off by exactly 5mph, and I have a 6 speed manual. Wasn’t looking at reprogramming yet, with not know what else I want to do with her.
Thanks

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
No I haven’t reprogrammed the CPU yet. My speedometer is off by exactly 5mph, and I have a 6 speed manual. Wasn’t looking at reprogramming yet, with not know what else I want to do with her.
Thanks
I would look into Tazer and/or Superchips and try that first - it will help adjust your shift points. If that doesn’t help or give you some relief the next option would be to look into re-gearing.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
I would look into Tazer and/or Superchips and try that first - it will help adjust your shift points. If that doesn’t help or give you some relief the next option would be to look into re-gearing.
Shift points . . . with a manual? Reprogramming the ECM isn't going to do anything for him there.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Only way you’re gonna get noticeable power is with a tune or a supercharger.....preferably both. Otherwise just enjoy it the way it is.

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Regear is the only thing that will make you feel any sort of "gains." Everything else is a big waste of money. On a 2L, a chip and exhaust could probably add a few noticeable ponies but not on the V6.

Sponsored

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
Regear is the only thing that will make you feel any sort of "gains." Everything else is a big waste of money. On a 2L, a chip and exhaust could probably add a few noticeable ponies but not on the V6.
Yes, what he said.

5280Sapper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
HPTuners is available get an intake and exhaust and have it tuned and you'll get a bit of power. sadly the only way to get power thats noticeable out of the V6 is forced induction. The Pentastar is actually used by Maserati in the 3.0 Ghibli which is TT and makes 424 hp.. not bad at all.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Regear is the only thing that will make you feel any sort of "gains." Everything else is a big waste of money.
Right on. Regear helps to offset the effect of bigger tires. Then Forced Induction and if that’s not enough Nitro the darn thing and hold on lol

Sdhsg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Right on. Regear helps to offset the effect of bigger tires. Then Forced Induction and if that’s not enough Nitro the darn thing and hold on lol
Depends which way you go in the re-gearing thing. It will hurt or increase low end torque, but going to higher numbers will decrease mileage due to higher engine rev’s. Lower number gearing will lower starting torque but could increase mileage. It’s not an easy fix you have think in the terms increasing HP but then it’s $$$$.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Anyone have before and after dynos for intake and exhaust on a JL or are you guys just speculating? Those are usually the starting points for HP gains because they are restrictive from the factory. They are restrictive due to sound levels, people don't want to buy loud vehicles....generally they want them quiet.

I have done intake and exhaust on many cars and have always seen gains in the 20rwhp range. There is just a trade off for modifying, makes it a bit less driveable for everything you do.
Sponsored