Sponsored

more hide a step JL rubicon picture

FuriousEwok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU, Liberty KK, Cherokee XJ
Whats going on here? Does it come out more, or is that it? Curious, because my kids are wanting me to get a step. I would like to get something for them, but like the look without.

OP
OP

Sftdyna0326$

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LR4
I’m very sorry, I just assumed most were familiar with the product! Yes it comes down and out making it really easy to enter the vehicle. Also it has pull pins in the event your doing some rock crawling or heavy off-roading. Very well made and appears to be very strong.

OP
OP

Sftdyna0326$

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LR4
B351D686-ACD4-4739-8EFD-B5618E2528D2.jpeg
I will post some more pics so others can see how it looks in the down position. Please excuse the less than manly crocs as the wife felt they would be very comfortable! Damn I hate when she is right.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
B351D686-ACD4-4739-8EFD-B5618E2528D2.jpeg
I will post some more pics so others can see how it looks in the down position. Please excuse the less than manly crocs as the wife felt they would be very comfortable! Damn I hate when she is right.
Do you have to wear the matching shoe?

Sponsored

FuriousEwok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU, Liberty KK, Cherokee XJ
Thanks for the details. This is interesting. Where did you get that, what is it called, do you have a link? Sorry, all those fun questions. SO far my wife has asked for new handles to get in, and the kids have asked for a step. So this might cover the step request.

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
This looks like a nice problem solver for me; need a step for the kiddies (and the missus wouldn't mind, either), but don't want to lose clearance.

Any additional details on who makes these, where you got them, and how much would be appreciated. Also interested in opinions from folks who got these on JKs--do they hold up ok off road, in snow/ice/salt, etc.?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Sftdyna0326$

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LR4
1C9E6492-A226-4911-8399-E451CBABFA69.jpeg
Thanks for the details. This is interesting. Where did you get that, what is it called, do you have a link? Sorry, all those fun questions. SO far my wife has asked for new handles to get in, and the kids have asked for a step. So this might cover the step request.
My wife also using the mopar handles which we installed after delivery

OP
OP

Sftdyna0326$

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LR4
Nice. Can you explain the install? How difficult? How much drilling/shimming was needed?
On a rubi you must remove the sliders completely! They come in two pieces one is the step and the other is the body mounted spring plate which must be installed in a 90 degree position by pressing the sprung into an L position and wedge a small socket in between to hold it that way. That spring is real stiff and if it snaps on your fingers it ain’t gonna be a good day!!! Also it mounts under the center slider bracket which means they either expect you to bend it slightly or shim the other two, no advice is given on this. I did it both ways and it seems there is no real visual difference. I elected to use stainless shims on the left and right bracket so they all has the same space. No drilling or fitting of any kind and after I figured out the best method on the first side the other side took 15 min.
Sponsored