Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
B351D686-ACD4-4739-8EFD-B5618E2528D2.jpeg
I will post some more pics so others can see how it looks in the down position. Please excuse the less than manly crocs as the wife felt they would be very comfortable! Damn I hate when she is right.
Screw the step, where did you get those crocs?!?!
I believe most of us on the forum agree that:
A - Please send your man card in to be punched.
B - Please do not drive your Jeep until you burn those Crocs and please bleach any portion of the Jeep that was touched by them.

I'd walk on broken glass before I would put a Croc on my foot. Have a great day!!!! :)
Sponsored

OP
OP

Sftdyna0326$

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LR4
Screw the step, where did you get those crocs?!?!
I believe most of us on the forum agree that:
A - Please send your man card in to be punched.
B - Please do not drive your Jeep until you burn those Crocs and please bleach any portion of the Jeep that was touched by them.

I'd walk on broken glass before I would put a Croc on my foot. Have a great day!!!! :)
Well, you could just come to my home and tell my wife to hand them over! At which time it would be your man card that would get punched, amongst other things, that once posted for all our members to see you would be left with nothing more then your virgina showing!! Happy wife happy life! She buys em I wears em!

Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I like the idea, but I didn't pay enough attention to notice when you buy these, you get only 1 step. I thought 136 was a steal for both but I don't think I'll be paying another 136 for another step... Hopefully they allow returns. :(

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I like the idea, but I didn't pay enough attention to notice when you buy these, you get only 1 step. I thought 136 was a steal for both but I don't think I'll be paying another 136 for another step... Hopefully they allow returns. :(
Thanks for the info. I had no ideas those Crocs were $136 AND you only get one?!?! Oh, wait you said "step", I thought you were referring to the Crocs. Sorry, never mind.

homebrwd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Jetta (JL in the Plans)

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK, 2018 Wrangler JLU
If you have the tubular steps would would you want this product?
Personally the Mopar side steps on my JK are fine for me and get used mostly as door ding guards. I'm tall. The JLU is for my wife and she's vertically challenged. The Mopar side steps are better than nothing but she still thinks the side steps are up a little too high.

Sponsored

homebrwd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Jetta (JL in the Plans)
Personally the Mopar side steps on my JK are fine for me and get used mostly as door ding guards. I'm tall. The JLU is for my wife and she's vertically challenged. The Mopar side steps are better than nothing but she still thinks the side steps are up a little too high.
Makes sense. Have you considered a small rope ladder?

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Something I noticed today as I was debating sending these back or keeping them. The back part with the spring will make contact with the frame, over time I feel like this would mess with the paint or something.

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@Sftdyna0326$ - a month in, how are you feeling about your steps?

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
It looks they're available now, for the JLs:
https://mountainoffroad.com/collections/wrangler-jl/products/hide-a-step-black-jl

I'm looking at them because my wife always complains about getting into my JLUR on the passenger side. Always. :facepalm:
Did you buy and install them? If so, what do you think about them so far? I'm interested in this step solution, too, as I want to keep my stock Rubi rails, but my Mrs wants a step. I saw in one of the early posts the stock rails have to come off for install, so that does make a little apprehensive given the forum posts about the difficulty of some of the bolts and breakage, but this is as close to a compromise solution as I've seen so far.
Sponsored