Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Did you buy and install them? If so, what do you think about them so far? I'm interested in this step solution, too, as I want to keep my stock Rubi rails, but my Mrs wants a step. I saw in one of the early posts the stock rails have to come off for install, so that does make a little apprehensive given the forum posts about the difficulty of some of the bolts and breakage, but this is as close to a compromise solution as I've seen so far.
Stock rails and side steps come off in about 10 mins if that. Both only attach to the body and pinch seem. It's when you attach to the frame that it sucks. You have to detach 6 frame to body bolts and they SUCK getting out. If these steps do not attach to the frame (which I don't believe they do) it will be easy to do. As far as I know ACE design is the only one (possibly others I don't know about) that have rock rails which attach to the frame.
I installed some a month ago and love them. They can take a full weight hit and drive off. They are the perfect height step to get in and out of, even better than factory side steps. We have a 2.5" lift and it's great. Would imagine it's perfect for stock height as well.
Sponsored

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
Stock rails and side steps come off in about 10 mins if that. Both only attach to the body and pinch seem. It's when you attach to the frame that it sucks. You have to detach 6 frame to body bolts and they SUCK getting out. If these steps do not attach to the frame (which I don't believe they do) it will be easy to do. As far as I know ACE design is the only one (possibly others I don't know about) that have rock rails which attach to the frame.
I installed some a month ago and love them. They can take a full weight hit and drive off. They are the perfect height step to get in and out of, even better than factory side steps. We have a 2.5" lift and it's great. Would imagine it's perfect for stock height as well.
Mike, thank you for the feedback on the rails and mounts. It appears I keep getting the whole "body vs frame" mounting thing confused - too many posts on the subject have my brain tangled! I can take on the removal and install of the stock Rubi rails if there is no issue with the pesky bolt issue that folks here reference. Good to hear you're happy with your Ace rails.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Mike, thank you for the feedback on the rails and mounts. It appears I keep getting the whole "body vs frame" mounting thing confused - too many posts on the subject have my brain tangled! I can take on the removal and install of the stock Rubi rails if there is no issue with the pesky bolt issue that folks here reference. Good to hear you're happy with your Ace rails.
Lol... I assume you are saying "uniconr" because what you have is very uncommon?
2-door Billet Silver Rubicon turbo unicorn

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
Lol... I assume you are saying "uniconr" because what you have is very uncommon?
2-door Billet Silver Rubicon turbo unicorn
Yes, it is uncommon, or so it seems anyway, so maybe that brings up questions about whether I made the right decisions LOL. Add in my specs for black fenders and a painted hardtop = I've yet to see one in person or in these forum pages with that combination. Hmmmm. . .

tachyon9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ8 Scrambler, 2019 JLUR
The M.O.R.E Hide-a-step really works great for me. I wanted to maintain the stock Rubicon rails. 3 young kiddos that are loving it.

IMG_20190216_145417.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

Sftdyna0326$

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LR4
I'm glad they worked out. Honestly you barely notice them and don't have to give up your rock rails if you have a Rubicon.

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
Resurrecting thread. Anyone been having this M.O.R.E. Hide-A-Step and loving it? Hating it? Any issues with needing to use body bolts or rubbing on paint?

$600 for four steps is nothing to sniff at but having very good and reliable steps that are almost hidden until needed, quickly removable, and designed to fit with OEM Rubicon rock rails is enticing.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Resurrecting thread. Anyone been having this M.O.R.E. Hide-A-Step and loving it? Hating it? Any issues with needing to use body bolts or rubbing on paint?

$600 for four steps is nothing to sniff at but having very good and reliable steps that are almost hidden until needed, quickly removable, and designed to fit with OEM Rubicon rock rails is enticing.
They're $600?! That's ridiculous. I'd get different rails with a step for that price.

dfwmountainbiker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 (TJ) Wrangler
@tachyon9 Question: You used M.O.R.E. hide-a-steps for your kids. Did they work well for daily use? (eg: did the kids hate them after a few times)
Sponsored