More flex out of Rubi w. Xtreme Recon Package

Sahara4xeland

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport XR.
So far, so good. đź‘Ť I will note that mine is a Rubicon with the 3.6 E torque - where yours is a 4xe Willys, so you may want to research whether you have the exact same springs as a 3.6 Rubicon XR. If they're not, I can't say for sure if it would work for you.

I maxed out each side with a hi-lift and sway bar disconnected to check for any interference (you will prolly need to bend your brake line bracket on the lower control arm upwards by hand to gain a little more play). Springs were still seated firmly. I've also wheeled a couple trails since then with no issues. The only other updated info I have since my last post is I got my Clayton Overland sway bar end links installed and set the eye to eye length at 10".

About 2,500 miles since the mod and it works and drives great!
Thats awesome. Yes the listed jeep is a 4xe but that is my wife's. Mine is a willys XR so it "should" be exactly as yours... i will correct my profile.. mine has no rake whatsoever now with aftermarket steel bumper and winch. Wonder if i can get away without the 1.5 spacer... i have apex disconnects already. Best money ever spent!
Sponsored

Chip

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thats awesome. Yes the listed jeep is a 4xe but that is my wife's. Mine is a willys XR so it "should" be exactly as yours... i will correct my profile.. mine has no rake whatsoever now with aftermarket steel bumper and winch. Wonder if i can get away without the 1.5 spacer... i have apex disconnects already. Best money ever spent!
My concern would be the springs could get loose without the spacers once you install the Rocksport shocks.

Sahara4xeland

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport XR.
My concern would be the springs could get loose without the spacers once you install the Rocksport shocks.
Noted. I will try to disconect my shocks tomorrow and lift the frame to see how much travel it takes to drop the spring out..

Sahara4xeland

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport XR.
Were you able to do the back with the same shocks? Or what did you do on the back?

Sponsored

RickyPal

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JLU Rubicon XR
Has anyone considered 7100s? The short body 12” in the front and 14” rear looks ideal for someone avoiding an aftermarket driveshaft, doesn’t it? Relatively well priced, rebuildable, and can be revalved
Jeep Wrangler JL More flex out of Rubi w. Xtreme Recon Package DE4A36C4-BD89-4E17-B2CB-BD1094F68269

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Has anyone considered 7100s? The short body 12” in the front and 14” rear looks ideal for someone avoiding an aftermarket driveshaft, doesn’t it? Relatively well priced, rebuildable, and can be revalved
Jeep Wrangler JL More flex out of Rubi w. Xtreme Recon Package DE4A36C4-BD89-4E17-B2CB-BD1094F68269
I have not, but would be an interesting option. Would take a bit more custom work than the 5160s.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
I run 3.5” springs up front, 2.5” rear and Metal Cloak RockSport long travel shocks 17.7” collapsed, 30” expended. This combination works well with a winch and heavier bumper up front.
Even at 30” there are things you will have to address like longer breather hoses, brakeline relocation brackets, or longer hoses and unfasten some of the cable ties on the diff wiring harnesses..

Also bear in mind, if you are using stock spring, too long of shock or too much flex will unseat the springs and they will pop out.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I run 3.5” springs up front, 2.5” rear and Metal Cloak RockSport long travel shocks 17.7” collapsed, 30” expended. This combination works well with a winch and heavier bumper up front.
Even at 30” there are things you will have to address like longer breather hoses, brakeline relocation brackets, or longer hoses and unfasten some of the cable ties on the diff wiring harnesses..

Also bear in mind, if you are using stock spring, too long of shock or too much flex will unseat the springs and they will pop out.
Just a note out back. Parking Brake line flip (or extensions for 4xe), and gotta make sure you're sway setup doesn't hit the shock bodies on droop (MC does this with mount spacers and longer links).

Sponsored

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Just a note out back. Parking Brake line flip (or extensions for 4xe), and gotta make sure you're sway setup doesn't hit the shock bodies on droop (MC does this with mount spacers and longer links).
Correct, I have the MC front lower shock mount relocation brackets.

bjeepz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Recon
Falcon 2.1 SP2’s

I need to put longer sway bar links on. These are 27.5 inches extended. The spring seemed to just barely be unseated at this extension.

IMG_1174.jpeg

RickyPal

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JLU Rubicon XR
Falcon 2.1 SP2’s

I need to put longer sway bar links on. These are 27.5 inches extended. The spring seemed to just barely be unseated at this extension.

IMG_1174.jpeg
I plan on running a 1.5” spacer as small boost with the additional benefit of delayed spring unseating with the 28” travel. I think from what you are saying and others posts here that plan should work in the front.

I don’t want any longer travel because I don’t want to swap to an adams driveshaft (yet)

bjeepz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Recon
I plan on running a 1.5” spacer as small boost with the additional benefit of delayed spring unseating with the 28” travel. I think from what you are saying and others posts here that plan should work in the front.

I don’t want any longer travel because I don’t want to swap to an adams driveshaft (yet)
I forgot to add that I have a 1 inch Teraflex spacer up front, after adding the winch and bumper it dropped probably 1/2 inch, sits well now. Agreed on the not going longer and needing all kinds of changes.

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Yeah about 30 inch extended you need 4.5 MC springs or equivalent. My 3.5 came loose and moved around. The 4.5 are good.
Sponsored