Sponsored

MORE ARB Compressor Mount & SKY ONE anyone? Tips for drilling holes in top?

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Has anyone installed the MORE ARB compressor mount w/ the SKY ONE top? The JEEP of course has the necessary threaded nuts to bolt a standard hardtop BUT there are no holes in the SKY ONE for this mount. Looking for any tips. How best to drill through the top? I am not exactly sure what the lip is made of, plastic or maybe fiberglass. Anyone know offhand what size the bolt is for the hardtop? Thinking I need to pick up two of them.
Sponsored

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I dont have the sky one touch, but I used some self tapping sheet metal screws on the inside lip of the body tub. I cut the switch part off of the mount, I used one of the aux switches instead.

I take my hard top off alot, so I wanted to not have to put the bolts back in. That may be an option for you.

OP
OP
SuMeRiaN

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
I dont have the sky one touch, but I used some self tapping sheet metal screws on the inside lip of the body tub. I cut the switch part off of the mount, I used one of the aux switches instead.

I take my hard top off alot, so I wanted to not have to put the bolts back in. That may be an option for you.
Thank you for jumping in, if its not to much to ask can you please take a picture of what you did. I would also like see a picture of the screws you used. My top is not coming off until its going on Craigslist unfortunately. BUT you are the first I have seen NOT bolt through the top, while it may not be an option for me I bet others will be interested.

In searching the bolt appears to a be a M8 1.25", same size as the TJ.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I will take a pic tomorrow. The bolt holes on top had to be enlarged, I still use them with the hard top on.

CDwest7254

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Moab Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Have you thought about an under seat mount? I just did that 2 weeks ago and liked the location for several reasons. Engine compartment was too hot and potential for salt or other road debris. Didn’t want it fully in view inside vehicle. Didn’t want to use up valuable storage in rear compartment. I built my own bracket and used the seat attach point lead on the passenger side to attach the bracket. I was able to run all the wiring through existing factory wire routes. This gave me a solution with no drilling on the Jeep.

E552FA5E-A1EE-4185-A882-C92F915F4BDD.jpeg

1AB7D153-82A5-4533-990E-BD0C9AC3E74A.jpeg

CD11FCEE-E9FC-4D8C-AFB6-114F9620D7F0.jpeg

F3B073A3-C068-4A19-9D67-3B9D1E38A672.jpeg

FB17855C-B891-4D1C-8C25-658AF555893A.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
SuMeRiaN

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Have you thought about an under seat mount? I just did that 2 weeks ago and liked the location for several reasons. Engine compartment was too hot and potential for salt or other road debris. Didn’t want it fully in view inside vehicle. Didn’t want to use up valuable storage in rear compartment. I built my own bracket and used the seat attach point lead on the passenger side to attach the bracket. I was able to run all the wiring through existing factory wire routes. This gave me a solution with no drilling on the Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL MORE ARB Compressor Mount & SKY ONE anyone? Tips for drilling holes in top? FB17855C-B891-4D1C-8C25-658AF555893A

Jeep Wrangler JL MORE ARB Compressor Mount & SKY ONE anyone? Tips for drilling holes in top? FB17855C-B891-4D1C-8C25-658AF555893A

I have considered an under the seat mount there is a great thread here that contains most options. I am set on the rear spot, for me it will occupy dead space next to a fridge and be wired into an AUX battery in the cubby. I have seen a few production under seat brackets and a few custom and NEVER have I seen anyone manage to get it as far as you have under the seat. I am guessing that is the single cylinder model? Insanely slick you should share that in the main thread.

CDwest7254

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have considered an under the seat mount there is a great thread here that contains most options. I am set on the rear spot, for me it will occupy dead space next to a fridge and be wired into an AUX battery in the cubby. I have seen a few production under seat brackets and a few custom and NEVER have I seen anyone manage to get it as far as you have under the seat. I am guessing that is the single cylinder model? Insanely slick you should share that in the main thread.
Yes single and it is protected from rear passengers kicking it. I spent a lot of hours with cardboard cutouts getting it just right. I posted in the main forum yesterday so there is a thread there.

OP
OP
SuMeRiaN

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Yes single and it is protected from rear passengers kicking it. I spent a lot of hours with cardboard cutouts getting it just right. I posted in the main forum yesterday so there is a thread there.
Very nice, one of my concerns with the under seat mount was the kids kicking the crap out of it.

CDwest7254

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The floor mat actually protects this as designed. This brackets pushed the compressor as far forward as it can physically go and when the mat is installed it flips up slightly and completely protects the cap...the other thing is, I designed the bracket for the lip to return up but I didn’t make it tall enough. If someone wants the bracket dimensions, the only thing I would change is extending the return further up