Sponsored

apache137

First Name
sjz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 mr2 supercharger, 1988 corvette 35th, 2017 mercedes gla
As a fellow tan and earth color lover I sympathize with you. I was hoping the JL would be available in something similar to Gobi.
Its worse because there isn't much hope of seeing on in a decent color (imo) any time soon, as the ones the have been announced are already "late availability."
I suppose we may see some special editions or whatever in the second half of the year, but I was ready to buy one. Told the dealer that i got my last two from to pull the first gobi one for me when it arrives and call me so I can come see and probably scoop it up. Then they called and said gobi was discontinued for the new ones. crushed.
Sponsored

Holymoly1963

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3, Wrangler JL Sport with bad steering
I'm still waffling between Punk'n, Mojito, and Ocean. I hope they have more 'late availability' colored jeeps at the NAIAS in Detroit later this month. If so, the timing would be great in terms of ordering Punk'n or Ocean ... to be available in Feb.

I'll post pics of any new colors at that show.
They already showed yellow and green in LA and you can't get them. If they show orange and blue in Detroit, it probably won't mean much. I don't get it. Looking forward to your pics anyway. Thanks

Moe

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Fit
Occupation
Retired X 2 = 23 years USAF + 23 years IT
They already have 4 shades of gray: white, billet, granite, and black, as well as red, green, and blue. Sting-gray should've been an earth tone (and orange isn't it).

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
They already showed yellow and green in LA and you can't get them. If they show orange and blue in Detroit, it probably won't mean much. I don't get it. Looking forward to your pics anyway. Thanks
Timing (for me at least):
If those colors are at the auto show, I will be able to make up my mind and place an order near the beginning of February, and receive my JL by the end of February. If they are not at the show, I will have to wait until some time in March for those colors to start showing up at dealerships, then decide on a color, then order, then wait until April to receive my JL. Seeing them at the auto show would mean receiving my JL at least 1.5 months sooner than waiting for them to arrive at dealerships.

What no one has viewed:
There are currently no pics of the blue or orange ... only artists renderings. Orange and blue will be available in early February...a week or two after the auto show ends. I saw pics of the green via LA, but my wife may be swayed if she sees it in person. Green will be available in early March.

BUT, I might still have to wait if those colors are not displayed at the show.

domleeds1919

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Saab 9-3 Aero; soon to be JLU owner!
If those colors are at the auto show, I will be able to make up my mind and place an order near the beginning of February, and receive my JL by the end of February. If they are not at the show, I will have to wait until some time in March for those colors to start showing up at dealerships, then decide on a color, then order, then wait until April to receive my JL. Seeing them at the auto show would mean receiving my JL at least 1.5 months sooner than waiting for them to arrive at dealerships.

What no one has viewed:
There are currently no pics of the blue or orange ... only artists renderings. Orange and blue will be available in early February...a week or two after the auto show ends. I saw pics of the green via LA, but my wife may be swayed if she sees it in person. Green will be available in early March.

assuming sting gray will be rolled out around March then?

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

What no one has viewed:

I have not seen anything official that Orange and Blue will be available in early February. Do you have a source?

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
assuming sting gray will be rolled out around March then?
I haven't heard anything about Sting Gray. I think the color to be rolled out with Mojito was Nacho, but I'm not certain.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Lots of grey tones.. but their initial limited palate all but forced me to order Red, my current is white and my other jeep black so those were out.... I’m actually excited about red.... second runner would have been ocean blue.....IMHO, they need a golbi type color and I’d love to see a dark green.

domleeds1919

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Saab 9-3 Aero; soon to be JLU owner!
Lots of grey tones.. but their initial limited palate all but forced me to order Red, my current is white and my other jeep black so those were out.... I’m actually excited about red.... second runner would have been ocean blue.....IMHO, they need a golbi type color and I’d love to see a dark green.
+1 on the greens...one can only hope

Sponsored

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
I have not seen anything official that Orange and Blue will be available in early February. Do you have a source?
From people I've talked to (@FCA), I'm hearing ocean blue is supposed to be this month and Mojito is supposed to be February. So it is pretty much in line with what I've heard.

JLpaulo

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
Nacho available already???? According to the Jeep.com locator and the inventory at a local dealer in Rhode Island, there is a Nacho JL in-transit.

Window sticker: https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4HJXEG5JW101063
Well according to a factory worker, who frequents another forum some of us are on, said he saw a yellowish color running consistently a while back. He asked and was confirmed it was nacho. Guess this is some proof. It's not in the ordering system yet thought right?

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
From people I've talked to (@FCA), I'm hearing ocean blue is supposed to be this month and Mojito is supposed to be February. So it is pretty much in line with what I've heard.
I've read March-ish for Punk'n... Does that still hold up?