danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
See the colored bead locks, if those are painted to match the Jeep....that dark flat grey looks AWESOME!!

upload_2017-11-5_7-39-59.jpeg

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Folks...that had to be granite. They would not make two shades that close.

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
Folks...that had to be granite. They would not make two shades that close.
Why does it HAVE or "had" to be granite?

Given the other clues, blue hood (new ocean blue color) and 3 bead rings (3 new colors that likely are representation), why would only 1 NOT fit that?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Given the other clues, blue hood (new ocean blue color) and 3 bead rings (3 new colors that likely are representation), why would only 1 NOT fit that?
It could be a similar shade to Granite, but not a metallic. It would look very different in person, but in photos, you still might take it for Granite. :rock:

Sponsored

Dackel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Ram 1500

Because we already know what Granite looks like and it looks exactly like the color shown on that gray bead ring. Therefore, if we can all agree they would not offer two extremely similar colors, we can deduce that is almost certainly Granite.

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I'm wondering if the people saying the rim looks like Granite also think Rhino and Granite look like the same color.

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited

I was referring to what it was present at the event, therefore past tense. Is this worthy of being disrespectful? Life is so much more enjoyable without being this way. You could infer that it is sting gray, but it is 1 the same shade as Granite and 2, it is really hard to see metallic with this heavily cropped picture.

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I was referring to what it was present at the event, therefore past tense. Is this worthy of being disrespectful? Life is so much more enjoyable without being this way. You could infer that it is sting gray, but it is 1 the same shade as Granite and 2, it is really hard to see metallic with this heavily cropped picture.
Given that there isn't much else going on in the forum at the moment I think some good ol' internet animosity could spice things up :)

Sponsored

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
I really didn't mean any disrespect. Sorry if it came off that way or that's how you took it. I was honestly trying to understand why you believed it had to be granite. As you say, I could, and do, infer it's sting ray. I see enough blue to perceive a color similar to a stingray, dolphin, etc. But that's my perception. Therefore I wouldn't say it has to be that. Similarly to your correct (in my opinion) that life would be more enjoyable without disrespect, wouldn't conversation be more enjoyable with people expressing their opinions as such and not facts?

RobNY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ
2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-rubicon-ocean-blue-metallic-clear-coat-by-jlwf-jpg.jpg

I LOVE IT! Going to be hard to resist holding out so I can test the turbo 2.0L vs 3.6L.

Red Rocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler LJ 2016 Wrangler Red Rock
If the color stays true to this picture then a new 2 dr Rubicon with the optional diesel engine will be in my near future
2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-mojito-clear-coat-by-jlwf-jpg.jpg

Kind of reminds me of the old Electric Green
Sponsored