Sponsored

Lee H Greidanus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former jk owner
Occupation
Mail carrier
Hmm.. based on this news these color samples from the Mopar parts presentation deserves a revisit. I see blue and what could be nacho. Trying to figure out what could be mojito

IMG_0003.PNG
Good eye I watched that video today and missed the swatches
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
what is your best guess as to what heritage tan will be? Maybe like the old Levis tan color on the golden eagle of 77. That would be sweet.
Hopefully not like a Ford Taurus...

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
I'm thinking close to this on sting gray..
0.jpg.cf.jpg

Sponsored

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
I believe the Mopar parts revealed several color clues. The beadlock rings show orange, yellow and gray that may be punk'n, nacho and sting-gray. And the blue hood with the large decal shows the blue color.

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Mopar-Parts-4.jpg

I think you got it. Why would they make those colors so close if not to original. I bet you are 100% correct!

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Ocean blue search gave me these. Hope it's anything like these...
80-img_0814_9da7438190767c805fa3ccedaadf92596a69f7dd.jpg.cf.jpg
2015_chevrolet_silverado_1500_deep_ocean_blue_metallic_in_concord_north_carolina.jpg

tomtaylz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I feel like Mojito is going to be a lighter brighter green, maybe like we saw in the mules, vs British Racing Green, the "!" seems to make me think its going to be more a skittlly/fun color (like the VW up! was trying to be more fun). Google results end up more of a lime sort of green too from Suzuki. I actually quite like the Punk'n if it's like the cover, or if sting ray is like anvil that’d be awesome.

MojitoGreen.jpg

Last edited:

kevinspocket

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Wrangler Sport, 2016 Jeep Patriot Sport SE
I don't know anything for sure, but it would be unusual for Jeep to return an old retired color (Dozer), exactly, but give it a new different name (Nacho).
They’ve actually done this a few times, my TJ is Citron Green which was only used on the 97 TJ and 97 and 98 XJ then was returned in 2007 as Rescue Green on the JK... the colors are nearly identical but have different names because the paint formula is slightly different... they may not be able to exactly recreate Dozer again, but are bringing it back as closely as they can with a different name. Rock Lobster and Firecracker Red are extremely similar as well if you look at them side by side

Sponsored

TJO

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk
I'm thinking close to this on sting gray..
0.jpg.cf.jpg
I am thinking it will be very close to what Toyota calls Cement and Chevy calls shark grey. It seems to have become a very popular color these days. Looks very sharp against black wheels and emblems. I would definitely be interested if the release soon. I am guessing it will be a base color with no metallic.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Mopar-Parts-5.jpg
I believe the Mopar parts revealed several color clues. The beadlock rings show orange, yellow and gray that may be punk'n, nacho and sting-gray. And the blue hood with the large decal shows the blue color.

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Mopar-Parts-4.jpg

Hopefully the Sting Gray is the color of that hood with the blue. And the other hood punk'n

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
Darn!!! I was wanting acid yellow!

XFinn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon, Lexus NX 200t
Hopefully the Sting Gray is the color of that hood with the blue. And the other hood punk'n[/QUOTE]

Respectfully, I disagree. It's all a matter of personal preference. I don't think we need another metallic silvery gray tone (be it light, medium, or dark). Rhino and Anvil were so distinctive because they were not silvery and metallic. That's why I'm hoping for a modern gray like BMW's Lime Rock Gray, Porsche's Fashion Gray, or Ford's Avalanche Gray.

Anyway, here's to hoping we each get that perfect gray tone we're looking for!

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
So....who's going to be the first to take color samples from the Mopar Parts display, and Photoshop up a pic of the JL?
:)
Sponsored