First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Did Mopar ever start selling or installing this bumper? I have never seen one in person, including at any dealerships.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar's "Version 2" Steel Front Bumper 1614024321336
Sponsored

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
Never seen this in person before. Looks like a cross between the current steel bumper and the AEV JK front bumper. Could be just a rendering for all we know

OP
OP
DHW

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I like the D-ring attachments at the bottom, but that's about it.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
I wish Jeep would get rid of the hooks and go to closed loop attachment. It is the only reason I'm not running their steel bumpers. The current steel bumper w/o caps looks great and functions except for recovery attachment point. If this is a new version of the bumper then I think Jeep is failing again on their recovery setup

Sponsored

Thegrants82

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
It’s crap like the other mopar bumpers, front and rear.

Lapis

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue
They sell it, but it's an accessory part only (doesn't come factory on the Jeep) and is more expensive than the 3-piece steel one.

OP
OP
DHW

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
It’s crap like the other mopar bumpers, front and rear.
I agree the rear steel bumper is crap, but not about the front one (version 1 that is). I know the steel isn't as thick as an aftermarket, but I still think its one of the best looking and most accessorizable(?) steel bumpers you can get.

Thegrants82

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I agree the rear steel bumper is crap, but not about the front one (version 1 that is). I know the steel isn't as thick as an aftermarket, but I still think its one of the best looking and most accessorizable(?) steel bumpers you can get.
If you have ever taken a crappy Mopar rear or front bumper off you wouldn't say that. From the brackets to the actual bumper itself they are pure overpriced garbage. If you like the looks get it but you're putting way overpriced crap on your Jeep.

Reseg

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
If you have ever taken a crappy Mopar rear or front bumper off you wouldn't say that. From the brackets to the actual bumper itself they are pure overpriced garbage. If you like the looks get it but you're putting way overpriced crap on your Jeep.
Love my overpriced garbage. I love its design, finish, weight, and functionality. If I were into trails that required a lot of winching and rock bashing my bumper, I'd consider something beefier, heavier, and ugly (imo), but I'm not. I have the capability to winch if ever needed(one that's hidden away and not blocking airflow on my DD), go full, stubby, and add tons of simple bolt-ons from guards of different sizes, plates, lights, ect, since it's the most used and universal front bumper for the JL. It also looks great, to me, and because of all this, I can see why it's usually on backorder.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DHW

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Love my overpriced garbage. I love its design, finish, weight, and functionality. If I were into trails that required a lot of winching and rock bashing my bumper, I'd consider something beefier, heavier, and ugly (imo), but I'm not. I have the capability to winch if ever needed(one that's hidden away and not blocking airflow on my DD), go full, stubby, and add tons of simple bolt-ons from guards of different sizes, plates, lights, ect, since it's the most used and universal front bumper for the JL. It also looks great, to me, and because of all this, I can see why it's usually on backorder.
Same here. As you can see, I have a ton of stuff on mine. I like being able to change things around, which can't be done on a lot of other bumpers.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar's "Version 2" Steel Front Bumper 1614111732264

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I actually think it is ok. I'd like it better without the hoop and I'm not sure of the crush caps, but overall, I like the smooth ends. I have the factory steel bumper and like it, too. And I don't mind the rear bumper. It looks fine and has caused me no pain.

I like the removable end caps but rarely run without them attached. Even in the rocks.

OP
OP
DHW

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I actually think it is ok. I'd like it better without the hoop and I'm not sure of the crush caps, but overall, I like the smooth ends. I have the factory steel bumper and like it, too. And I don't mind the rear bumper. It looks fine and has caused me no pain.

I like the removable end caps but rarely run without them attached. Even in the rocks.
It looks to me like the hoop is removable. And one of the main reasons I like the factory steel bumper is for the removable end caps. I'll take them off until I feel like I need more crash protection, then put them back on. Then take them back off again. It's about a 3 month cycle haha.

And I don't hate the factory steel rear bumper (mine came with both), but I saw several instances where a rock hit or collision jammed the bumper into the body, so I swapped mine out.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I wish Jeep would get rid of the hooks and go to closed loop attachment. It is the only reason I'm not running their steel bumpers. The current steel bumper w/o caps looks great and functions except for recovery attachment point. If this is a new version of the bumper then I think Jeep is failing again on their recovery setup
FYI: Maximus-3 and Warn make recovery points that you can add on to the OEM steel bumper.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/maximus-3-jl-tow-loops-front-rear.31718/

img_0801-jpg.jpg
Sponsored