First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4 Door Sport S 2020 JT Sport S
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
So I log onto the Mopar website and see this payload on my JL listing. Now my payload is 850 lbs. Anybody else see this type of tomfoolery?

upload_2020-4-2_20-57-51.png
Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Maybe it's a 2 door vs 4 door. IIRC the 2 door has a 2k max tow and the 4 door has the 3500. Makes sense they might have more payload as well.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladaitor Sport S
So I log onto the Mopar website and see this payload on my JL listing. Now my payload is 850 lbs. Anybody else see this type of tomfoolery?

upload_2020-4-2_20-57-51.png
Jeep has recently had some issues posting contradictory payload specs that must be assuming a driver and some cargo or something. The actual payload can always be derived from GVWR minus curb weight.

I suggest hitting a CAT scale with a full tank of gas and you in the driver seat and getting a real-world weight. Options will add weight so it's best to get a true weight instead of relying on some generic spec. Once you have that, subtract it from the GVWR on the door and you'll know how much weight you can realistically put onboard.

OP
OP

DesertRat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4 Door Sport S 2020 JT Sport S
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Exactly, Know your loaded weight. My example of this is my door listed GVWR 5,250. My mod’d and ready to roll for couple days camping with just me CAT scale weight is 5,180 lbs. :whew:
I think they are having some issues. I have indeed weighed my rig. The door placard absolutely indicates a total cargo limit of 850 pounds. What I found strange was that it shows such a large number on the Mopar site. I have never seen this listed by the way. It just showed up one day. Hey I would love to have that as the cargo max. That would be awesome!
Sponsored