wranglernoob2019

First Name
GT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 19 Firecracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
I was at one of the whole sale dealers picking my JLUR 19 . The entire experience was great except that finance guy doing a hard sell on mopar warranty trying to convince wthat i should spend 7k more to buy sort of unlimited warranty. Soon, that became 2k waranty and i had to push back on buying warranty just based on hard sell tactics.

question for the experienced ones - Do you recommend buying mopar warranty ? if yes any prive i should be looking for?

my JLUR will be mostly daily driver with camping and light trails in summer. i plan to put around 15k miles per year and dont plan to lift . However, i will probably put a winch and other electronic upgrades like lighting and front faving camera etc.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely not. Jeep Dealers are the worst customer service experience you will ever have owning a new car. Most of the techs are clueless, the service managers overworked and underpaid. I am almost looking forward to being out of warranty so I can go to a different shop even if I have to pay.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Don't feel rushed. You have a lot of time to decide if you want an extended warranty. You can purchase a Mopar plan at any time after your sale; the only requirement is that the vehicle is under 4 years or 48k from the original in service date.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Only warranty i would consider is if they still had the lifetime warranty. I generally keep my vehicles over 10 years, but even then the 3k they want for is is a lot.

OP
OP
wranglernoob2019

wranglernoob2019

First Name
GT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 19 Firecracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
Many thanks NathanG,SecondTJ and BentWS6. I will wait a bit and reconsider, i love my JL and hope to keep it for 10 years but then only thing that could sway me is an electric JL .

Sponsored

jforse

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT Sport, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aerospace Quality Engineer
Only warranty i would consider is if they still had the lifetime warranty. I generally keep my vehicles over 10 years, but even then the 3k they want for is is a lot.
Mopar discontinued the lifetime warranty last year.

Comanche

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler Rubicon
I buy extended warranty 8 yr for 2,500 on November 2018 when I purchase my new JLU Rubicon 2018 and cancelled with a full refund after my first visit service is bad
Sponsored