MOPAR TUBE DOOR MIRRORS - PLEASE ADVISE

Sina’s Jeep

First Name
Sina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93’ Wrangler & 2019 Rubicon JLU
Since 2019, Jeep Wrangler has presented their Jeep JL on the showroom, website, and their official YouTube videos with what appears to be legitimate MOPAR mirrors on their MOPAR tube doors. However, as of today, I still don't see or find anything other than after market mirrors that belong to either ATV's or one that need to be attached to the body of the jeep.

1. Why is that?
2. Why doesn't JEEP release those MOPAR mirrors to the general market that attach directly to their MOPAR tube doors like the ones we see in all their advertisements and videos?

To the best of my knowledge, I have read all of the threads regarding this topic and nothing has changed.

I have attached some snap shots of videos / pics from 2018 -
Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 11.44.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 12.18.51 AM.png
2020 release of the Jeeps and they all show the official MOPAR tube mirrors with what appears to be a legitimate MOPAR mirror.

I understand that there are may other third party options for tube doors that come with mirrors but in my opinion, I feel that the MOPAR tube doors are the best looking ones. I am sure not everyone will agree.

Just looking for someone on this forum to provide an explanation for this, especially someone who is an official rep of MOPAR.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
The mounts on the green Jeep look different than the blue one. It’ll be interesting to see if they’ve perfected something they are ready to release.

OP
OP

Sina’s Jeep

First Name
Sina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The mounts on the green Jeep look different than the blue one. It’ll be interesting to see if they’ve perfected something they are ready to release.
Good point Pic18. I didn't notice that. I am at the point now where I may just take my tube doors to a body shop and ask them to customize it for me. I just don't like these small size after market ATV mirrors that others are using. No offense to anyone using them but they seem disproportionate to the rest of the vehicle.

OP
OP

Sina’s Jeep

First Name
Sina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those are just YJ/TJ mirrors. If you want them to be Official Mopar you can order them from the dealer or Bestop, Rugged Ridge, and Smittybuilt make mirror sets to fit.

Here, Quadratec Carriers the Official Mopar ones. https://www.quadratec.com/products/13011_110.htm
Thank you for letting me know. I am wondering if a body shop can somehow weld those on the tube doors or make a base on the tubes doors to put those on. Appreciate your feedback.

Sponsored

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
Thank you for letting me know. I am wondering if a body shop can somehow weld those on the tube doors or make a base on the tubes doors to put those on. Appreciate your feedback.
There should already be a base on the tube doors to bolt them to.

OP
OP

Sina’s Jeep

First Name
Sina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There should already be a base on the tube doors to bolt them to.
That is the primary problem. There is NO base. Just tubes only. That is why the only mirrors that people have been able to put on them are the ATV mirrors because the ATV mirrors wrap around the tubes.

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
That is the primary problem. There is NO base. Just tubes only. That is why the only mirrors that people have been able to put on them are the ATV mirrors because the ATV mirrors wrap around the tubes.
I surprised to hear that considering every aftermarket door allocates for it and specifically the same mirrors.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Did the JPP Edition JL ever get released? It was supposed to come with tube doors w/ mirrors.

Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

This weird... Mopar 77072496 is showing up Discontinued in several places... maybe there is a new version w/ mirrors coming?

Bucaro

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Kia Sportage, MB GLS 550
I was just looking at the 2020 JPP Catalog and the tube door mirrors are now listed...
Jeep Wrangler JL MOPAR TUBE DOOR MIRRORS - PLEASE ADVISE B1CFA4AD-7A1C-4116-A448-0E7D65F7E893

OP
OP

Sina’s Jeep

First Name
Sina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone been able to purchase these mirror kits for the MOPAR tube doors? I can not find anyone who is selling them even though there is a part number for it from the 2020 JPP catalog. P/N 7072562AA listed for $215,

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 12.33.10 AM.png
Sponsored