Fullfree

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe MY22, Volvo XC60
Hello:

I have a question for you, can anyone who installed the original Mopar 13-pin trailer wiring kit in Europe (K82215540AC) after receiving their Jeep Wrangler JL, please can you tell me if the kit automatically disconnects the parking sensors and if the kit Does it include the permanent 12v connection and the ignition (battery charge and refrigerator)?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Sponsored

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.2 MultiJet Diesel
It is a while back since I fitted the original Mopar 13 pin European kit to my JLU and I no longer have the vehicle.

But I am pretty sure the permanent 12V and ignition controlled feeds were functional. I remember it was a challenge running the +12v power feed from the fuse box in the engine bay, through the bulkhead and back to the trailer control module that came with the kit.

Not sure about the parking sensor disconnect. I can't remember if the trailer kit handled this or if I needed to disable the parking sensors using the dashboard button.

In this thread is a write up I did on installing the trailer kit and tow bar. It also includes a .pdf with the trailer kit wiring diagram.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...et-towbar-option-for-jl-rubicon-diesel.44494/

OP
OP

Fullfree

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe MY22, Volvo XC60
It is a while back since I fitted the original Mopar 13 pin European kit to my JLU and I no longer have the vehicle.

But I am pretty sure the permanent 12V and ignition controlled feeds were functional. I remember it was a challenge running the +12v power feed from the fuse box in the engine bay, through the bulkhead and back to the trailer control module that came with the kit.

Not sure about the parking sensor disconnect. I can't remember if the trailer kit handled this or if I needed to disable the parking sensors using the dashboard button.

In this thread is a write up I did on installing the trailer kit and tow bar. It also includes a .pdf with the trailer kit wiring diagram.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...et-towbar-option-for-jl-rubicon-diesel.44494/
Hi Toni:
Many thanks for your reply, well noted.
Best regards.
Sponsored