Sponsored

Mopar Towing Wiring 82216359AA and Parking Sensors?

Fullfree

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe MY22, Volvo XC60
Hi There:

I have a question for the people installed this wiring kit and as well have installed any of the features of the safety package installed, like blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alerts, parking sensors, reversing camera.

I'm just looking to buy this kit instead of an aftermarket one, and I want to know if when you connect something to the 7-way connector, if the system disconnects by itself or not?, my Volvo XC60 with the original trailer kit does this automatically and keeps the front sensors and other systems on.

Thank you very much in advance for your time.
Sponsored

JeepinPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR, '95 Land Cruiser
I cannot see how it would. I installed the kit some time ago, it simply plugs into the tail light harnesses for the light and turn signal circuits. 12v+, -, trailer brake run up to the engine compartment. 12v+ and - connect at the battery, the trailer brake wire goes directly to the trailer brake controller.

Pete

OP
OP

Fullfree

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Pete:
Thank you very much for your reply, the question is that the box that the kit have, is a can bus system and have the capacity to interaction with others systems in the car like my Volvo did, as soon I plugged in something in the connector, my Volvo recognizes this and offer me a lamp test and deactivate immediately the rear sensor parking (the front still working) and the cross traffic alert, do you have the parking sensors or any other pack installed?
Again many thank for your help.
Best regards,

JeepinPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR, '95 Land Cruiser
Yes, I have the park sensors, camera and rear alerts in my Rubicon. There is no "black box" in that mopar harness.

Pete

Sponsored

OP
OP

Fullfree

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I have the park sensors, camera and rear alerts in my Rubicon. There is no "black box" in that mopar harness.

Pete
If you can see the picture below, the box in the middle which is installed behind the subwoofer is the interface for the canbus. However, when you plug something into the 7-pin connector, does it still get the signal from the sensors when it's in reverse?
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Towing Wiring 82216359AA and Parking Sensors? 6689098b9ebdc46f1825cead06978960