First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Hi ,

last week i talked to my dealer to have quote for mopar tow harness installation, we already buy the kit, he told me he can do the job in two or three hours.

this morning i leave my jeep at my dealer to do the job. around 9h00 he call me, telling that the shop director need 5 hours minimum to do the installation. (wire only).

Is my jeep was design by Nasa team and is so complex that we have to pay 5 hours at 120.00$ to only set in place and do the connection of tow harness on my 2 door JL 2019?

installation 600.00$ plus 363.00$ for the kit. close to 1000.00$.

Anybody know how much hours the job is suppose to be done by the dealer?

regards

Luc
Sponsored

PAUL HARRIS

First Name
Baja Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
The price is reasonable. The option in a build is $7-800. I was quoted 1200 including the Aux switching.

Daledlf

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I did this install myself. It’s a pain in the ass. If you enjoy taking a lot of things off and putting it back together then do it and save the money. My dealer refused to do it because of the amount of work. Overall I did a great job, but it did take me about 8 hours total. Take your time when removing the plastic pieces. I broke a small tab on one piece and now there’s a rattle.

nolan14

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
I brought mine into the dealer for hitch and harness install. I dropped it off early in the morning and they gave me a loaner vehicle. They said it would be done after lunch, but ended up taking them 3 days before I got it back. Running the wires, if done right, does take awhile. I know it wasn’t worked on for those 3 full days, maybe 4 or so hours here and there I am assuming lol. So if they told you 5 hours I’d expect 10 lol. Total cost was around the high $900 area after tax.
They did do a great job too by the way.

nolan14

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
I brought mine into the dealer for hitch and harness install. I dropped it off early in the morning and they gave me a loaner vehicle. They said it would be done after lunch, but ended up taking them 3 days before I got it back. Running the wires, if done right, does take awhile. I know it wasn’t worked on for those 3 full days, maybe 4 or so hours here and there I am assuming lol. So if they told you 5 hours I’d expect 10 lol. Total cost was around the high $900 area after tax.
They did do a great job too by the way.
That was with buying the parts through them as well.

OP
OP

cb1100f

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl 2018
Vehicle Showcase
That was with buying the parts through them as well.
Hi

At the end, my dealer do the job, i remove/reinstall myself all plastic panel. It took 5.25 hours to do the job. He told me that 4 extra rivets was required to complete the installation.

Total cost 762.17 CDN tax in. Hitch not include, i will buy Curt model.

regards

Luc
Sponsored