Sponsored

Mopar to Showcase a Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) Limited-edition Wrangler at Chicago Auto Show

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This is sort of off topic, but look into the Magnuson-Moss act. The dealer essentially has to prove your modification caused said issue whether it’s a Mopar part or any other aftermarket part. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act
Indeed. The fact remains, I shouldn’t have to bring in my legal experts every time I walk into a Jeep dealership because it has some Mopar parts on it.

The moment I have to start demonstrating anything, the whole point of buying “factory approved parts” ceases to make sense.
Sponsored

TxJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 YJ Sahara, 2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I'd like to point out that my 2018 JL Sahara, despite Wranglers being one of the most sold vehicles out there, technically, is a limited edition too.

My sarcasm, should its meaning not be apparent, is to throw skepticism at notions like "best in its class" awards (without at least understanding criterion) and limited edition badges on some vehicles.

This isn't to say that I wouldn't love to be at this auto show and see the design.
I got the limited edition TIE-FYTR. I have a feeling Disney is coming after me.

IMG_1034.JPG

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
:idea:basically a sneak peak at one of the 2020 EJS vehicles...

Hopefully all accessories displayed will be readily available (and not 6 months to a year out).

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Good luck to those who go and don't forget to bring this
BulletSafe-Vest-Alone-Glamour-Shot_1024x1024.jpg
I have friend's who have done security at the show. Lots of local police, uniformed and undercover, Home Land Security, private security, etc. I usually go to the preview before the show opens to the public. Even at the preview, which is a secured event, I noticed several K-9 units roaming around the last few years.

All that does not help you on the public transportation on the way to the show though. lol

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
I have friend's who have done security at the show. Lots of local police, uniformed and undercover, Home Land Security, private security, etc. I usually go to the preview before the show opens to the public. Even at the preview, which is a secured event, I noticed several K-9 units roaming around the last few years.

All that does not help you on the public transportation on the way to the show though. lol
Who takes Public Transportation?

stares-muthafuckaly.jpg

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the limited edition TIE-FYTR. I have a feeling Disney is coming after me.

IMG_1034.JPG
Great plate!

Seeing a Black Wrangler's grill reminds me of Darth Vader.

I know a woman who used to drive a white MINI Cooper. Her plate was STORM on her COOPER…. STORM COOPER!

Last edited:

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've always been of the "Public Transportation is for losers" mindset, this just solidifies things

While we're at it, wise words from an American Icon
giphy.gif
Unfortunately a lot of people have no choice and rely on public transportation. It can get expensive to drive if you work downtown. Parking alone can cost $30-$40 for a few hours in certain areas. I think the Auto Show parking is $25.

Sometimes it's more convenient then driving.

Many unsuspecting tourist ride public transportation everyday also.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately a lot of people have no choice and rely on public transportation. It can get expensive to drive if you work downtown. Parking alone can cost $30-$40 for a few hours in certain areas. I think the Auto Show parking is $25.

Sometimes it's more convenient then driving.

Many unsuspecting tourist ride public transportation everyday also.
Of course, just I'd rather pay than deal with being with strangers

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Are they gonna showcase a limited unlimited wrangler? That'd be inception level stuff, not sure my brain can handle that safely.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In Chicago? Pretty much everyone?
Depending on neighborhood, ride share like Uber or Lyft is very popular. We also had pilot program with electric scooters. Not sure if that will return this spring? There are a few car-share programs too. Mercedes tried with their Car2Go but that did not seem to last. About 200 of their cars were stolen so I think Benz pulled out of the Chicago market?

Believe it or not Chicago is a very bike friendly city. Kind of annoying as a driver but we have a lot of dedicated bike lanes. Lots of bikers when the weather is decent.
Sponsored