Sponsored

MOPAR Sunrider Top not fitting on 2019 JLU?

Timrf79

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Looking at the MOPAR page (LINK) it states that the Sunrider top is only compatible with 2021 models.
I actually explicitly states this would not fit my 2019 JLU Rubicon with a hard top.

Does anyone know if this is correct, seems very "un-jeep" to have an accessory this limited
Sponsored

beezr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I bought a used Mopar top for my new to me 2019 sport last week and the man put it on for me that I bought it from used and it worked fine.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Bestop is the manufacturer for Mopar Sunriders. I think the disclaimer is bc it wasn’t offered as a factory option in 2019? I’ve had them on my ‘18 and ‘21 without issues.

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Our Sunrider for Hardtop is basically broken out into 2 models, JK and JL/JT. The JK version will fit 2 and 4 door JKs from 07-18. The JL/JT version will fit 2 and 4 door JLs, and JTs, from 18-current. I haven't seen any exception to this. I would expect the exact same fitment from the Mopar variant as well :)
Hope this helps.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Read some mixed reviews
I have one, and it is hands-down my favorite thing that I've bought for my Jeep thus far. IMO it should come standard.

So easy to open/close, and pretty simple to install, as well. Only *slightly* louder than the hard freedom panels - really can only tell if you're listening for it.

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Read some mixed reviews
I don't have one of these, but "mixed reviews" is the last thing I'd think of this product. It has basically been universally praised on this forum. Most of the time it's referred to as the poster's favorite upgrade. See @rcadden above as an example...

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
I plan on getting a soft top, but I live in the north and live in an apartment building, so at the moment, I've got the hard top. I do plan on buying a condo in the spring, but I have no idea what storage will be like. So I bought the sunrider through Amazon when they were having all of their holiday sales.

Sponsored