Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Shit, stock bumpers don't work when rock crawling? Damn, wish I would have known that before.

20191004_110539.jpg
:CWL::CWL: weren't you just debating with me how poor the factory steel was?!

Now your defending it?
Sponsored

Zoobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Pointing out there are flaws in the stock bumper is a valid conversation. Noah, your comments are not productive, constructive, or helping anyone. This is not how we as a community work to help each other... please tone it down.

HuckleMonster

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392, 2023 TRX
We don't run a rear bumper at all as the clearance increase and weight decrease made sense...just meant you had to watch your lines carefully. But...that said, I'm going to build a high clearance rear bumper for it.
I think the Wayoflife guy was running his w/out a rear bumper, looked pretty good. That may by my next step once the plastic one takes a dive. I really haven't found an aftermarket bumper that I like the looks of.

As I think you said before, the front metal stock bumper is a good looking, functional bumper. Keeps the winch low and is light. So I'll stay with that one. If I could find a decent rear that would compliment the stock front, I may switch.

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Condescending/insulting behavior is not tolerated. Cleaned up and banned.

Sponsored

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Oh, that explains it. Some of my posts were deleted too, was it that bad? I didn't think so, your forum though.
Replies to removed posts are also deleted, so as not to give the offending banned member any more attention.

CrazyMonkey4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubico JLU
Is there a mod that can be done to the rear bumper to shore it up, so that it doesn't cause these issues? I live close to two great welding shops, I wonder if they can tweak the bumper to be less troublesome?
Thinking the same, I was about to put on the steel rear bumper until I heard about these issues. Wondering if there is any way to avoid making any damage to the body with the steel rear bumper.

This video does a good job illustrating at least one of the reasons damage is caused (after he removes the steel bumper):
Sponsored