LoganDzwon

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hey all,
So I have a 18' Unlimited Rubicon that came with plastic bumpers. I've acquired a take-off steel bumper. However, I seem to missing a few bits.The instructions for the Mopar steel kit show a close-out panel like the plastic bumper has. However I have not been able to find the part listed nor a picture of it. However the bracket does have the unuts for one. Can someone help?

Maybe send a picture of the steel bumper from the side looking into the wheel-well would help. And/or even from basically the bottom of the tire.

I know I am missing the following brackets.

68335029AB Bracket, Left
68295346AB Bracket, Right
68295574AA Mount Bracket, Left
68295574AA Mount Bracket, Right

Edit, I have everything shown the second picture except the pieces found in the first picture. In adding to those brackets, is there any other pieces I need to install? Also what are the unuts on the brackets for?

6AA245FE-C6BF-494B-8443-C4C27D157E2E.jpeg

E1FA3DCE-D184-4AFB-A800-9619470A56B6.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
LoganDzwon

LoganDzwon

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
From what I think I can tell from part diagrams, I think that the smaller bracket is the same for all three bumpers, so I can simply keep my existing for that guy. However, the other bracket is definitely different on mine vs those. Only real questions I have now is if I need different close-outs. (The black plastic piece under the fender.)

OP
OP
LoganDzwon

LoganDzwon

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Incase anyone finds this lost in the future, those are the correct part numbers. However the steel bumper also needs different close out panels. (The plastics inside facing the tire.)

One day someone with a steel bumper will have to take theirs off and post up the part number. It is not on the official parts diagrams from Mopar.

CrazyMonkey4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubico JLU
Incase anyone finds this lost in the future, those are the correct part numbers. However the steel bumper also needs different close out panels. (The plastics inside facing the tire.)

One day someone with a steel bumper will have to take theirs off and post up the part number. It is not on the official parts diagrams from Mopar.
@LoganDzwon did you have any luck figuring out what part numbers those panel close outs were? Running into the same problem here. Thanks!

Sponsored

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
Are there any issues with the holes lining up? This is for the plastic panel closeouts for the steel bumper?
No, I mean the whole Mopar steel bumper. It will rub on the body as the Jeep flexes or bumps on rocks.

Sponsored

stallbrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Thanks @stallbrk! Thats going to be super helpful. Have you had any issues with the steel bumper rubbing against the body?
No body rub issues here. I really haven’t taken her out and put her to the test yet. I have seen other posts showing body damage at the rear corners from the bumper shifting upwards after a ground/rock hit.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Mine was pulled away from the body when I hit on the ground. It now sticks away from the body about 3/4" on one side. Just glad it did not go back into the body or it would have done good damage.

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a mod that can be done to the rear bumper to shore it up, so that it doesn't cause these issues? I live close to two great welding shops, I wonder if they can tweak the bumper to be less troublesome?

Zoobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Keep the plastic rear bumper or get an aftermarket, the mopar one will scratch your body.
I just got back from Moab... my rear corners paint is all damaged from exactly this! Coming off ledges and hitting the bumper, it presses up into the body.
Sponsored