Mopar Steel front bumper - front license plate mounting options

Turbo1974

First Name
K&R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Anyone has an elegant front license plate mounting solution for the front Mopar steel bumper? Recently swapped the stock plastic one to a 392 Mopar steel front (and rear) bumper.

I’m also wondering if the exposed fog light connector and wiring is like I have it, or am I missing a cover? Any solutions for that?

0B15BE84-EA66-4DCC-9F85-9BD6F3ABC9E0.jpeg

38FA1301-0A16-4EF0-8E74-0E349F8A1437.jpeg

96EC0455-76CB-4CEF-B12F-E36F06D7D814.jpeg
Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Anyone has an elegant front license plate mounting solution for the front Mopar steel bumper? Recently swapped the stock plastic one to a 392 Mopar steel front (and rear) bumper.

I’m also wondering if the exposed fog light connector and wiring is like I have it, or am I missing a cover? Any solutions for that?

0B15BE84-EA66-4DCC-9F85-9BD6F3ABC9E0.jpeg

38FA1301-0A16-4EF0-8E74-0E349F8A1437.jpeg

96EC0455-76CB-4CEF-B12F-E36F06D7D814.jpeg
Exposed is normal from the factory. There are a few aftermarket covers I’ve seen, all being way over priced and completely unnecessary in my opinion. As far as plate mounting, we had the factory front mounting bracket but had to ditch it when we added the winch. Don't know if you'd call it elegant, but I formed the plate to the skid and used self tapping screws.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Steel front bumper - front license plate mounting options 20211003_105236

Last edited:

sebythellama

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Steel front bumper - front license plate mounting options 20211003_105236

Not sure about the plate issue, but the exposed wiring is correct, it comes like that from the factory. The connectors are watertight.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Sponsored

tecnic1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
So this is the Aluminum copy of the Mopar steel bumper, and I had to work around the fairlead also, but I got an inexpensive bracket off Amazon.
PXL_20230521_220435959~2.jpg

As far as the fog light connectors, I got some 1/8 ABS sheet and went to work with some industrial scissors and a heat gun.
PXL_20230604_204930016.jpg

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I looked at that one but they went way up in price of the last year It's $90
It certainly sucks that everything is going up in price, but in my opinion, it's the cleanest option. Also, it's not just a straightforward plate mount. It's a 2-piece design, and comes with both traditional hardware or wing nuts, used to attach the plate stiffening frame to the bumper mount. This allows the option of being able to remove the plate for offroading, without needing tools.

I had mine for over 3 years on a Jeep that rarely sees soap, and never saw a spot of rust or any finish issues with the powdercoat.

If you have plans of adding a winch and mounting plate to the factory steel bumper, the Warn winch plate includes a license plate mount that's integrated into the fairlead backing plate. That retired my Maximus-3 Stealth bracket.

Maximus-3 Stealth...
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Steel front bumper - front license plate mounting options 20210816_101504_resized

Warn integrated mount...
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Steel front bumper - front license plate mounting options 20230307_100700_resized (1)

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
It certainly sucks that everything is going up in price, but in my opinion, it's the cleanest option. Also, it's not just a straightforward plate mount. It's a 2-piece design, and comes with both traditional hardware or wing nuts, used to attach the plate stiffening frame to the bumper mount. This allows the option of being able to remove the plate for offroading, without needing tools.

I had mine for over 3 years on a Jeep that rarely sees soap, and never saw a spot of rust or any finish issues with the powdercoat.

If you have plans of adding a winch and mounting plate to the factory steel bumper, the Warn winch plate includes a license plate mount that's integrated into the fairlead backing plate. That retired my Maximus-3 Stealth bracket.

Maximus-3 Stealth...
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Steel front bumper - front license plate mounting options 20230307_100700_resized (1)

Warn integrated mount...
Which fender kit where you chop the fender and put the small light up front ? Was it quick or American venture ? And any problems with it I'm thinking about doing mine with the quake kit ? But then you have to replace the inner vendor or trim it which one did you do trim it or replace it with what inner fender

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon

Maximus-3 Stealth...

Warn integrated mount...
We screwed mine in down below like this for right now. I do have a winch plate and the winch with the same factory bumper you have. Even had the little loop I sure like my baja lights also. Those things are bright and I love the more do they have of them and they're easy to change the color from yellow to clear I thought about doing Amber but I like the clear a lot. I also mounted them up on the pillar.

Sponsored

npj01

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Moab
I like the Maximus-3 stealth mount

I really liked the Maximus-3 but I had to take it off because when I got it inspected the inspector didn’t like it. It passed a few years the someone decided they didn’t like it.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Which fender kit where you chop the fender and put the small light up front ? Was it quick or American venture ? And any problems with it I'm thinking about doing mine with the quake kit ? But then you have to replace the inner vendor or trim it which one did you do trim it or replace it with what inner fender
I did the full fender chop and tossed the factory liners, which gained about 3.5" of tire clearance up front and 2-2.5" out back.

I used the AAL highline lights, along with their front and rear liners and fender retention hardware kits that replace all of the factory white fender clips.

Sponsored