First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Maintaining contact between the inner sidewall of the spare and the rubber bumpers on the tailgate is the other half.
Agreed. In fact, I'd say that bumper contact is way more than half the battle. And, not only contact, keeping it as close as possible to the tailgate reduces leverage (which, in this case, is a bad thing).
Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Rubicon carrier sitting in my garage that I'll never use. Unfortunately I'm in Denver. If you think it makes sense for you, if you pay shipping you can have it. I'll let you figure out a shipping quote if you want to. It would be coming from 80007. These things aren't very heavy but they are bulky. It would not have the 3 lugs and plate they are attached to. I reused it on my Rusty's carrier. I'd guess yours would fit.

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have a rubicon Recon with steel bumpers and upgraded tailgate reinforcement and when I went 37's it DID NOT fit. Easy solution was adding the iron cross relocation bracket (around $85 from northridge 4x4) that bolts right on and raises tire so it clears the steel bumper. Now no issues at all with fitment.

OP
OP

zachhll

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I have a rubicon Recon with steel bumpers and upgraded tailgate reinforcement and when I went 37's it DID NOT fit. Easy solution was adding the iron cross relocation bracket (around $85 from northridge 4x4) that bolts right on and raises tire so it clears the steel bumper. Now no issues at all with fitment.
Did you have the Mopar 82215355 Oversize Spare Tire Carrier Mounting Bracket Kit as well as the reinforcement bracket?

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Did you have the Mopar 82215355 Oversize Spare Tire Carrier Mounting Bracket Kit as well as the reinforcement bracket?
No just the tailgate reinforcement because it comes standard in the recon package.

Sponsored

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
I will get some pics tomorrow. I just installed the Oversized tire mount tonight and it's dark out now.
As far as the bumper. I looked for months the only bumper I really liked was the AEV but they have since changed the design and you still can't buy one without buying a whole JL with it.
Check out the Next Venture Motorsports bumpers
Sponsored