jlcolorado

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hey all,

This is my first post here as I'm a soon to be owner of a 2019 JL Unimited Rubicon 3.6 with 6-speed manual in Granite Crystal. I ordered back in April and have an estimate delivery of mid-June, so the Jeep is expected pretty soon. The only options I added were Black Hard top, Painted fenders and Trailer tow group.

This will be my 3rd wrangler. Previously had a 95 Wrangler YJ and a 2007 Wrangler Unlimited X JK. I made small modifications to both of those, most notably small lifts and more aggressive/slightly larger tires on each. Probably my biggest take away from modifying both was I should purchase exactly what I want with my next Jeep from the factory. I've noticed the effects that even small increases in tire weight and height have on performance. I decided I would rather have the better drive-line components that are suited for a heavy off road tire (like the stock BFG AT that come on the rubicon). The 285-70-17 BFG AT was actually the exact tire I had on my JK, and same tire, but a 31", on the YJ.

So I'm pretty dead set on keeping it stock but there is one thing I do regret after reading more on this forum. I declined getting the Mopar Steel bumpers because I wasn't aware that the Rubicons come with different springs based on options. I figured I didn't want to add the heavier steel bumpers to avoid sag and loose some clearance, but it sounds like the factory actually compensates for that with different springs. From what I understand from reading some other posts is that the most weighted or considered options for longer/sturdier spring rates from the factory are Hard Top, Tow Group and Steel Bumpers. Fortunately I have two of those so maybe I"ll get lucky and get some of the more sturdy springs. Which brings me to my first question:

1. Does anyone with Hard Top, Tow group and Steel Bumpers know their spring rates, front and rear? I could cross reference mine with those and see how far off mine are when the Jeep arrives.
  2. I did not order the LED group which poses another issue for the Mopar Steel Bumpers. It appears that the Mopar Steel bumper only comes with LED fog lights which makes sense since the factory automatically adds the LED group to the Steel Bumper group when added. I've read about troubles when converting Jeeps with Halogen headlights to LED but I haven't read about plug and play with the halogen fog harness and the LED fog lights on the Mopar Bumper. Has anybody with stock halogen wiring attempted installing the Mopar steel bumper and used their stock fog light wire harness to directly plug into the LED fogs that come with the bumper with/without trouble?
Thanks a lot and thanks to everyone for all you've helped with already as I've been lurking for quite a while!
Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I don't think the springs are any different whether you get the steel bumpers/hard top/etc or get the base Rubi items...

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I don't think the springs are any different whether you get the steel bumpers/hard top/etc or get the base Rubi items...
They are. There are 9 different part numbers for front springs, and 15 for the rear.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jlcolorado

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With the JK generation, the 2 digit variable in the different spring part numbers was higher numerically for the stiffer springs. I know its not really confirmed but it seems like there's some reason and some randomness to all that. If anyone has some part numbers with their options to answer my first question i'll take it with a grain of salt, but still interested.

OP
OP

jlcolorado

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
314FF76F-B928-4185-8C34-FCEE964404D5.jpeg
They are. There are 9 different part numbers for front springs, and 15 for the rear.
@mwilk012 do you know the ranges in the different part numbers?

I found one rubicon owners part numbers who has a hard top and steel bumpers. They didn’t mention tow group so I assume they don’t have that option.

Rubicon with steel bumpers, hard top
60 & 62, 90 & 91. Picture attached.
Sponsored