MrFenderpicks

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
This honestly sound like a stupid question
But I can’t seem to get the gas pedal cover installed.
It is like the Mopar pedal is way too small to fit over the existing and the locking tab would not clear the thickness of the existing gas pedal

anyone can shed some light on this ?
Sponsored

G13

First Name
Shundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6
I have done these on Wrangler and Grand Cherokee. You will have to soak them in hot water to make them flexible. Easier to do it in hot sunny days. I think GC one was much harder and I had to use flathead screwdriver on the back to ply the tabs.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
If it was anything other than the gas pedal, I’d agree with the heat suggestion. But the gas pedal just snaps on. I had no issues with mine. Maybe it needs to be heated too though in some cases.

I used a hair dryer on my brake and clutch pedals btw, seemed to be easier and faster than the hot water method.

Sponsored

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Mopar stainless pedal covers on my manual transmission 2020 Sahara earlier this year. I didn't have any problems snapping on the gas pedal cover, but the clutch and brake were only possible after heating the rubber backside with a heat-gun.

What does your gas pedal look like?

After reading that story of a Wrangler delivered with mismatched front fenders, I fully believe FCA would let a few parts substitutions slip by just to meet delivery obligations.