Sponsored

MOPAR soft top window storage bag review

bpjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sahara 2 door 2007
I’m reposting my review from the 2dr thread so that it comes up in searches.

Original, in case you want to see any answered questions that came up there:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sions-master-thread.2951/page-765#post-315448

P#68358392AB

I don’t believe there is a different P# for 2dr, even though Quadratec told someone that there is. Clearly this P# works just fine for my 2dr, anyway.

OK! The sun’s out, and my windows are now stored in my new MOPAR bag and stuffed in the trunk.
  • The bag’s design is fantastic. I know there’s a mom and pop outfit making custom bags, but I’d be shocked if the side windows fit in it as nicely as they do in the MOPAR offering. I’ve seen the Smittybuilt one, and this one is a much nicer fit, IMO.
  • It’s a very tight fit in the 2dr trunk. You have to sorta curl the sides a bit, and only time will tell if that creates creases. I don’t think it will, but if it does the hot sun ought to sort them. (Update: After 3 days in the trunk I took them out and they were perfect.)
  • Getting the top all the way down is extremely tight. I ended up folding my back seat forward ever so slightly, locking down the top, and then locking the back seat upright. The plastic corners of the side windows are sandwiched between the back seat and the top’s support bar. It doesn’t feel so tight that it’s going to be a problem, though. I’m sure it all fits more easily in a JLU. (Update: to unlock my top I had to reverse this process: slightly fold the rear seat, unlock and raise top, return back seat to locked position.)
  • I use Velcro straps to keep my top snugly in the down position. I feel this removes some play and will prevent friction between the window bag and the top. Also, it looks better and I'm anal. :)
D9A00E45-78B5-4169-AD6E-208CC5D623DE.jpeg
29813173-5F82-41B2-AF07-395CE0C33DC0.jpeg
DB1FC325-C03F-4D11-85BC-1F83838FE0EA.jpeg
29893D67-D00C-46A5-A5FF-3D9018E9836F.jpeg
56D29A69-F5DA-4A4B-8EE6-6C0DAC9EF1AD.jpeg
ABC72B1B-031F-45AF-903C-AC20B547E317.jpeg

@Quadratec @WestKY
what do the round ends do? Is the purpose to be able to have the case stand up on its own?
Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
what do the round ends do? Is the purpose to be able to have the case stand up on its own?
For the side window corners (hard polymer).

jlrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ6
I just got my bag and I want to try it out but my windows are really dusty and dirty. Are they ok to put in the bag that way? I can't clean them every time I want to put them in the bag but maybe I should the first time. Is there a best way to clean them?

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i/Triumph Thruxton R/Suzuki SV650
Ordered one of these off moparpartsonline for $130 shipped. It’s on backorder of course...

OP
OP
OldGuyNewJeep

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I just got my bag and I want to try it out but my windows are really dusty and dirty. Are they ok to put in the bag that way? I can't clean them every time I want to put them in the bag but maybe I should the first time. Is there a best way to clean them?
I put mine in there dust and all. It’s a Jeep. The windows will eventually look like crap, and using a bag is about as far as I’m willing to go to slow that process down. No way I’m washing them every time I need to take them off. Plus, you can always blast the felt with compressed wire or even a vacuum if it gets too dirty.

Sponsored

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i/Triumph Thruxton R/Suzuki SV650
My bag just shipped out today. I ordered on September 28.

Dooles

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Yes, all three windows fit. The bar does not.

I’ve seen the pictures of the Teraflex and the “mom & pop custom” bags. IMO, the MOPAR is the way to go. It fits like a glove. No baggy, extra material.
After reading all of these posts, I went with putting the bar back in place under the soft top. It’s secure with the door closed. Thanks OldGuy for the help!

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
If you want the windows to last the longest and not yellow (fast) then google "RaggTopp" for both window care and fabric and/or vinyl care. It's the go to for most premium convertible car owners. Since Jeeps aren't cars they have a Jeep section too. Albeit they mention Hartz making the soft tops that may have been in the past but the JL's are made by Bestop. But bottom line - you aren't supposed to ever store the windows dirty. But to be honest I don't care how careful anyone is with a plastic window. It's going to scratch just looking at it too close.

I have the hardtop but love soft tops so I was just browsing your thread. I bought the Bestop Sunrider premium soft top that takes place of the Freedom Panels. Love the flexibility to pop it open at any given time!

Sponsored

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
Wanted to order the Mopar bag when we ordered our ‘19 JLUR. We ordered the dual top group and it said the bag was not available to order with the dual top group. Hoping the reason is that the bag is included with the dual top group.

Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

JohnnyB54

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
4349F363-35FD-437B-AD1C-6F0B3351F658.png
Wanted to order the Mopar bag when we ordered our ‘19 JLUR. We ordered the dual top group and it said the bag was not available to order with the dual top group. Hoping the reason is that the bag is included with the dual top group.

Can anyone confirm? Thanks.
I ordered the dual top for my 19 JLUS along with the soft top window storage bag ($75). The bag for the freedom panels is included with the hard top at no charge.

Snerf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
We got the Quadratec soft top window storage bag last week. Works like a charm - logically laid out, including numbered (felt) layers, and stores perfectly within the JL.

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
4349F363-35FD-437B-AD1C-6F0B3351F658.png

I ordered the dual top for my 19 JLUS along with the soft top window storage bag ($75). The bag for the freedom panels is included with the hard top at no charge.
On the dual top group, is the freedom panel storage bag in the box that the premium soft top comes in? We put the box away until spring and haven’t opened it. We had no freedom panel bag in the Jeep when it was delivered. Hoping it’s in the box. If not, my dealer owes me a bag (wait, that doesn’t sound right).

toeshark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
We got the Quadratec soft top window storage bag last week. Works like a charm - logically laid out, including numbered (felt) layers, and stores perfectly within the JL.
The reviews on the site (only 2) weren’t great, especially the one where he complained about the windows creasing. You haven’t experienced something like what he described?
Sponsored