OldGuyNewJeep

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
@JeepCares what’s the deal?? This has gotten just plain stupid! This is an essential accessory that should have come with the soft top. Instead, you couldn’t even order it unless you got the hard top. Someone needs to step up and fix this now!
You can order from any dealer. They were on backorder for a loooong time, but eventually they started shipping. I think you'll get it faster from a dealer than from a 3rd party, but that's conjecture on my part.
Sponsored

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
You can order from any dealer. They were on backorder for a loooong time, but eventually they started shipping. I think you'll get it faster from a dealer than from a 3rd party, but that's conjecture on my part.
Tried all 3 dealers in my area. 2 had never even heard of it and said they had no info in their system, the third said his system still showed no estimated availability date. All 3 said they would call when they could get one.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Mine was delivered with my Jeep. I have it but haven’t done anything with it yet (haven’t unboxed the soft top yet)z. Hopefully this weekend.

taysdad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe (ordered), 2017 GX460
Got mine a couple weeks ago and have used it a lot ever since. It’s a bit of a tight fit behind the rear seat of my 2door, but it does fit and does a great job of storing and protection.

Mopar Fan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport, 2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 2013 Viper
I’m reposting my review from the 2dr thread so that it comes up in searches.

Original, in case you want to see any answered questions that came up there:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sions-master-thread.2951/page-765#post-315448

P#68358392AB

I don’t believe there is a different P# for 2dr, even though Quadratec told someone that there is. Clearly this P# works just fine for my 2dr, anyway.

OK! The sun’s out, and my windows are now stored in my new MOPAR bag and stuffed in the trunk.
  • The bag’s design is fantastic. I know there’s a mom and pop outfit making custom bags, but I’d be shocked if the side windows fit in it as nicely as they do in the MOPAR offering. I’ve seen the Smittybuilt one, and this one is a much nicer fit, IMO.
  • It’s a very tight fit in the 2dr trunk. You have to sorta curl the sides a bit, and only time will tell if that creates creases. I don’t think it will, but if it does the hot sun ought to sort them. (Update: After 3 days in the trunk I took them out and they were perfect.)
  • Getting the top all the way down is extremely tight. I ended up folding my back seat forward ever so slightly, locking down the top, and then locking the back seat upright. The plastic corners of the side windows are sandwiched between the back seat and the top’s support bar. It doesn’t feel so tight that it’s going to be a problem, though. I’m sure it all fits more easily in a JLU. (Update: to unlock my top I had to reverse this process: slightly fold the rear seat, unlock and raise top, return back seat to locked position.)
  • I use Velcro straps to keep my top snugly in the down position. I feel this removes some play and will prevent friction between the window bag and the top. Also, it looks better and I'm anal. :)
D9A00E45-78B5-4169-AD6E-208CC5D623DE.jpeg
29813173-5F82-41B2-AF07-395CE0C33DC0.jpeg
DB1FC325-C03F-4D11-85BC-1F83838FE0EA.jpeg
29893D67-D00C-46A5-A5FF-3D9018E9836F.jpeg
56D29A69-F5DA-4A4B-8EE6-6C0DAC9EF1AD.jpeg
ABC72B1B-031F-45AF-903C-AC20B547E317.jpeg

@Quadratec @WestKY
Were you able to fit all 3 windows in there? It looks like you left the rear window bar attached, so i'm guessing you were able to also fit the long rear window in the bag? I am desperate for a good solution for carrying all 3 windows in my 2 door and i'm hoping this is it.

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Were you able to fit all 3 windows in there? It looks like you left the rear window bar attached, so i'm guessing you were able to also fit the long rear window in the bag? I am desperate for a good solution for carrying all 3 windows in my 2 door and i'm hoping this is it.
I know you didn't ask me, but this bag does do the trick. All 3 windows fit quite nicely in the bag. The bar for the rear window will not fit so you have to decide what you wanna do with that. I took mine out and stored it in the garage. I also used large velcro straps to hold the top from moving. I found a nice spot around the framework that works quite well.

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Great review! Thank you!

As an FYI to those waiting - I ordered the soft top bag on 7/23 from Quadratec and just received notice on Friday that it FINALLY shipped and will be here on the 15th. Looking forward to getting those windows in something protective!!!

OP
OP
OldGuyNewJeep

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Yes, all three windows fit. The bar does not.

I’ve seen the pictures of the Teraflex and the “mom & pop custom” bags. IMO, the MOPAR is the way to go. It fits like a glove. No baggy, extra material.

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
Tried all 3 dealers in my area. 2 had never even heard of it and said they had no info in their system, the third said his system still showed no estimated availability date. All 3 said they would call when they could get one.
Just have one put it on order. They can see qty on backorder, in transit, in whs, etc. Mine didn’t ship with my JL order so they were able to put the order in and it sat on backorder for 2+ months. I finally got mine with the first wave of shipments that were released in late July/early August. They can definitely order it and if you wait for them to show available inventory you will probably never get one at the current rate...

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
I ordered mine from Quadratec a few weeks back, its in the mail now. I have been stacking them on floor in garage using moving blankets, and walling it off from dogs.. what a mess, cant wait to reclaim the space

Sponsored

rugger1869

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Just have one put it on order. They can see qty on backorder, in transit, in whs, etc. Mine didn’t ship with my JL order so they were able to put the order in and it sat on backorder for 2+ months. I finally got mine with the first wave of shipments that were released in late July/early August. They can definitely order it and if you wait for them to show available inventory you will probably never get one at the current rate...
If it helps, I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and got it last week. They were showing backordered, too. You should get it pretty quickly.

Mopar Fan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport, 2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 2013 Viper
Yes, all three windows fit. The bar does not.

I’ve seen the pictures of the Teraflex and the “mom & pop custom” bags. IMO, the MOPAR is the way to go. It fits like a glove. No baggy, extra material.
Thank you very much. Sounds like the Mopar bag is the one I need to order.

Mopar Fan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know you didn't ask me, but this bag does do the trick. All 3 windows fit quite nicely in the bag. The bar for the rear window will not fit so you have to decide what you wanna do with that. I took mine out and stored it in the garage. I also used large velcro straps to hold the top from moving. I found a nice spot around the framework that works quite well.
Thanks for the extra assurance. I am going to order the Mopar bag and give it a try. If you guys have had good luck fitting those windows in the tiny space available in the 2 door, I should be able to do so as well...even if I`m not a Jedi.

Rich Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JL Sport
I'm also one of those guys that ordered this from Quadratech a long while ago. Mine is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. When I take my windows out I lay them on my dining room table folded in towels. The wife will be very happy to see that come to an end. It'll also be nice knowing that I can take them out and not worry about rain rolling in while I'm away from home - I'll have the windows with me now.

Speaking of rain ... it's been raining here in PA for 3 straight days and I think we are expecting rain for most of the upcoming week. It figures the bag would arrive now ;)

butcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Ordered mine Tuesday of last week from the Jeep dealership and got it today so 6 days total whereas the Quadratec order it's been 3 weeks already and its pushed out to 9/25 which is the 3rd time it's been pushed. Plus the dealer discounted it 10% since I bought my JL from them.
Sponsored