MOPAR soft top window storage bag review

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I’m reposting my review from the 2dr thread so that it comes up in searches.

Original, in case you want to see any answered questions that came up there:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sions-master-thread.2951/page-757#post-315448

P#68358392AB

I don’t believe there is a different P# for 2dr, even though Quadratec told someone that there is. Clearly this P# works just fine for my 2dr, anyway.

OK! The sun’s out, and my windows are now stored in my new MOPAR bag and stuffed in the trunk.
  • The bag’s design is fantastic. I know there’s a mom and pop outfit making custom bags, but I’d be shocked if the side windows fit in it as nicely as they do in the MOPAR offering. I’ve seen the Smittybuilt one, and this one is a much nicer fit, IMO.
  • It’s a very tight fit in the 2dr trunk. You have to sorta curl the sides a bit, and only time will tell if that creates creases. I don’t think it will, but if it does the hot sun ought to sort them. (Update: After 3 days in the trunk I took them out and they were perfect.)
  • Getting the top all the way down is extremely tight. I ended up folding my back seat forward ever so slightly, locking down the top, and then locking the back seat upright. The plastic corners of the side windows are sandwiched between the back seat and the top’s support bar. It doesn’t feel so tight that it’s going to be a problem, though. I’m sure it all fits more easily in a JLU. (Update: to unlock my top I had to reverse this process: slightly fold the rear seat, unlock and raise top, return back seat to locked position.)
  • If not obvious, the bar from the bottom of the back window stores right in its bracket. Do not try to store it in the bag. See picture, below.
  • I use Velcro straps to keep my top snugly in the down position. I feel this removes some play and will prevent friction between the window bag and the top. Also, it looks better and I'm anal. :)
D9A00E45-78B5-4169-AD6E-208CC5D623DE.jpeg
29813173-5F82-41B2-AF07-395CE0C33DC0.jpeg
DB1FC325-C03F-4D11-85BC-1F83838FE0EA.jpeg
29893D67-D00C-46A5-A5FF-3D9018E9836F.jpeg
56D29A69-F5DA-4A4B-8EE6-6C0DAC9EF1AD.jpeg
ABC72B1B-031F-45AF-903C-AC20B547E317.jpeg

@Quadratec @WestKY
Sponsored

Last edited:

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
P#68358392AB

I don’t believe there is a different P# for 2dr, even though Quadratec told someone that there is. Clearly this P# works just fine for my 2dr, anyway.

@Quadratec @WestKY
Very nice review, thanks. It helped me in deciding to buy one. Just to clarify, the part number is listed on Quadratech's site as for an Unlimited. I only questioned it because I thought if it specified Unlimited there probably was another one for the JL. After Old Guy confirmed that it fit the 2 door, I ordered one from the dealer too.

Capture.JPG

Xingpao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Is that red Amazon hook tape sticky enough to use a straps for keeping the soft top from bouncing so much when down?

Sponsored

OP
OP
OldGuyNewJeep

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that red Amazon hook tape sticky enough to use a straps for keeping the soft top from bouncing so much when down?
I don’t think so. I use it just to prevent seatbelt flap.

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
So I have one of these on order but the date keeps getting pushed out. Now says starts shipping on the 22nd. Sent an email and was told to expect late August to early September. Who woulda thought this would turn in to such a thing!

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
So I have one of these on order but the date keeps getting pushed out. Now says starts shipping on the 22nd. Sent an email and was told to expect late August to early September. Who woulda thought this would turn in to such a thing!
I noticed the same thing. This is what happens when third world countries crack down on child labor...

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
It’s probably made by Bestop.....their production lags.

Sponsored

OP
OP
OldGuyNewJeep

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No. Not the stuff in my pictures, anyway (Monoprice via Amazon).

Mickgolf00

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Just slipped to August 30th with Quadratec. Thinking about cancelling and looking elsewhere.

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Just slipped to August 30th with Quadratec. Thinking about cancelling and looking elsewhere.
@JeepCares what’s the deal?? This has gotten just plain stupid! This is an essential accessory that should have come with the soft top. Instead, you couldn’t even order it unless you got the hard top. Someone needs to step up and fix this now!
Sponsored