Sponsored

Mopar soft top premium twill: can I leave the plastic components of the Soft top mounted?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler jlu Rubicon 4xe
But can I leave the plastic components of the Soft top mounted to reassemble the hard top? Or do we have to dismantle them again?

Soft top mopar jlu
Sponsored

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
But can I leave the plastic components of the Soft top mounted to reassemble the hard top? Or do we have to dismantle them again?

Soft top mopar jlu
The only thing you won't need to do when removing the soft top in the fall is separate the upper and lower pieces from the section that goes around the rear door (the 2:15 mark in the video). The door surrounds take the place of the drip rails on the hard top and allow the top to slide back and forth, so that all has to be removed. Also the rear corner pieces that anchor the lower section of the rear and side windows won't allow the hard top to sit flush so everything needs to come off. You could leave the inside brackets on the roll cage in place where the soft top is anchored.

Buona Pasqua e buona giornata!

Last edited:

AndySpill

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara

Soft top mopar jlu
You may though leave the metal brackets that attach to the Sports bar in place even with the hardtop on, as shown around 6:15 in your attached video.
Sponsored