Mopar + Skyjacker?

dustanner

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe
After TONS of back and forth about which lift to add to my JLUR, my current idea is buying the Mopar kit for its components, like the exclusive shocks, but replacing the coils with Skyjacker 1-1.5 dual rate springs. The reason is I want the Mopar quality but not the 2-3 inch lift. I can’t find a reason why the Skyjacker springs won’t work. Is this a good solution or anyone have a better idea?
Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey friend!

Tons on info on this on here. I would recommend a full kit, as the kits are typically matched up, rather than piecing things together. I know tons of guys on here like their Mopar lifts.

OP
OP

dustanner

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe
Thanks! Yeah, I’ve probably read every thread on the topic as I’ve been agonizing over the decision. I’d absolutely go with the Mopar kit but I don’t want to run 37s. The Mopar springs are just too high for my 35s.

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
Sounds like a waste of money all the only you are asking to use out of the Mopar kit is the fox shocks which you can get for much cheaper and correct length just without the Jeep sticker

I have heard mixed things in skyjackers over all lineup ,(mostly bad) over the years but haven't looked at the JL stuff

What are you looking to do for tires and wheels

OP
OP

dustanner

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe
Na, the Mopar/Fox shocks are exclusive to the kit. They’re bigger in diameter and tuned by Fox for the Mopar kit. Getting as close as you can with the off the shelf Fox shocks is about $700.

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
still sounds like a waste, like you said those shocks are tuned to that kit and the Mopar spring rates and not the sky jacker spring rates. They will be better than the sky jacker shocks thats for sure but I would put money one a bet that you couldn't tell the difference between the mopar fox and the standard fox.

In addition to that the other concern that I have is the shock lengths where you might run into poor articulation due to shock length with a 2.5" shock on a 1" lift.

i think your best option for such a small lift is just to run a budget boost, will keep your ride feeling stock while making room for your tires
Sponsored