Mopar Simulated Beadlock question

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
So I have a buddy that works at Jeep and can get me the beadlocks at cost. About 320 a piece by the way.

They call it a simulated beadlock and you can buy the extra ring to make it true beadlock. If i want to run it as a simulated beadlock and get the ring powder coated blue, do i need to bring the whole wheel to the shop or does the simulated ring come off?

Also, if i want to make them true beadlocks do I take off the simulated beadlock or put the real beadlock over the top of the simulated one?
Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So I have a buddy that works at Jeep and can get me the beadlocks at cost. About 320 a piece by the way.

They call it a simulated beadlock and you can buy the extra ring to make it true beadlock. If i want to run it as a simulated beadlock and get the ring powder coated blue, do i need to bring the whole wheel to the shop or does the simulated ring come off?

Also, if i want to make them true beadlocks do I take off the simulated beadlock or put the real beadlock over the top of the simulated one?
The rings are removable.

OP
OP
smokinjeep

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
The rings are removable.
So i can take of the simulated ring? If so do you know if you can buy another if you get it scuffed up? Or is there only one ring that you get and it can be used either as simulated or true beadlock?

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
It comes with the simulated beadlock ring. They are held on with hex head button bolts. Unbolt them to get it off and take it to the powder coated. The real beadlocks ring come red and have hex head bolts. The rings run $120-140 each

Brett

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So i can take of the simulated ring? If so do you know if you can buy another if you get it scuffed up? Or is there only one ring that you get and it can be used either as simulated or true beadlock?
They come unmounted from the wheel. Take the rings to get powder coated then bolt them on.

You can buy additional rings if you’d like.

Sponsored

OP
OP
smokinjeep

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
Thanks a lot for the answers!!!!! Really helped me out.

jenzeee

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
They come unmounted from the wheel. Take the rings to get powder coated then bolt them on.

You can buy additional rings if you’d like.
Do you know where to get the simulated rings separately? And how much they cost?

Can’t find them anywhere.

LateBraking

First Name
Y'all a cult.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Do you know where to get the simulated rings separately? And how much they cost?

Can’t find them anywhere.
Edit: Dang, these simulated rings actually don't exist on Google, you're right. How odd. I'd hit up a dealer and see if they have it in their parts catalogue. Sorry about that, I honestly don't read this forum that closely due to the unfortunate attitude of a number of members, and in not reading properly glossed over the word "simulated." My mistake.

Last edited:

smarshall

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I have the simulated beadlocks and I have looked for just the sim ring, I can't find it anywhere. I had a similar wheels on my raptor. I had to replace a damaged ring by a guy reversing his taco out of his driveway. His trailer hitch clipped the rear passenger ring but caused no other damage to the wheel so I figured I could just get a replacement ring right? Nope. Ford does not sell the ring by itself. His insurance had to pay for a whole new $700 wheel. I fear the case is the same with the Mopar simulated beadlock rings. When I need to replace one I guess I should be happy these wheels are half the price.
Sponsored